The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The long and short about Malingerers



Just when I thought the working attitude of Ms Tan can’t get any worse, it did. She just called and said she will be on medical leave tomorrow because she thinks she will be sun-burnt.

Sounds like a clear case of malingering to me.

While I’m kind of happy that I won’t have to see her for the rest of the week, that also means that I have to cover Project X on my own, and that sucks. I’m seriously considering whether if I should do the right thing by voicing out my concerns to the boss. I think I should be brave, and write an anonymous email to him.

Seriously, Ms Tan ought to re-examine her actions. Being a department head, she should be setting a shining example for her staff to follow, by doing meaningful stuff such as treating her subordinates to dinner on a regular basis. What she should not be doing is stuff like taking leave in the middle of the week and extending it with MC. If I am the boss, I’ll enforce company discipline by docking her pay and bonuses. Actually, come to think of it, I’ll probably sack her and promote the very virtuous Sibeh Sian to her current position instead.

Alas, the above is not possible because I am not the boss, and even if I am, I can’t promote myself to become the department head because I already am the boss. This is a complicated world that we live in.

People should start to realize that integrity is the very pillar of honesty, honor, and integrity. Only the unenlightened malingers. I will never do that kind of thing.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 14, 2008 11:28:00 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said…

    Kenny Sia just shifted from my favourite blogger to my favourite Malaysian blogger.

    Mr Sian, you are officially my favourite Singapore blogger and I'm reading your posts right from 2006.. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home