The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The long and short about The People In My Life



This blogging thingy is getting addictive. I realized that I’ve been posting entries almost on a daily basis, usually at the comfort and convenience of my office cubicle.

But folks, don’t need to worry about me getting caught: I make it a point to look perpetually stressed, and always type noisily so as to create the impression that I’m busy and hard at work. Heh.

I also realized that it’s getting confusing with all the characters appearing in my idiosyncratic life. With your reading pleasure in mind, I’ve decided to create a character info page (i.e. this entry), and will be putting it in the links section. Heh.




The Characters In Sibeh Sian’s Sibeh Sian Life
In order of appearance


Sibeh Sian
Image hosting by Photobucket
I am sibeh sian

Description:
I am a 27 year-old virgin cum struggling office dweller saddled with a long-term study loan. I dream of finding the true love in my life who will give me two kids (one boy, one girl) and help out with the dishes. It wouldn’t hurt if she comes with rich in-laws who are willing to help settle the said study loan. Click here to find out why I am sibeh sian.
Click here for first appearance




Ms Tan
Image hosting by Photobucket
I enjoy crushing balls

Description:
My department head from hell, single, malingerer, aged 36 and counting. Rumors goes that she developed an unhealthy resentment against men because of reasons known only to her. I suspect the only reason for her existence is to be a pain in my ass (not in the kinky way, you pervert). The only thing we have in common is that we are probably the only virgins in the office.
Click here for first appearance




The Office Bimbo
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Should I buy LV, Gucci, or both huh?

Description:
My airhead colleague, 23, with a penchant for expensive make-up, expensive fashion, expensive jewelry and expensive push-up bras. She is also a very expensive girlfriend to her SLK-driving Boyfriend also used to be a very expensive girlfriend to her ex SLK-driving Boyfriend, which explained her ability to sustain her expensive lifestyle. In view of the countless times I had to refrain from strangling her, I reckon she probably bought her expensive overseas degree.
Click here for first appearance




Name: Sushi Eating Friend
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am Woman, hear me roar!

Description:
A very good friend from uni, aged 23, Sushi Eating Friend is my best female friend. Come to think of it, she is my only female friend. She takes pleasure in eating sushi (which explains her moniker), and making digs at my miserable existence. I seriously have no idea why am I still friends with her. I also suspect she may be lesbian because she refused to introduce any of her many babelicious friends to me.
Click here for first appearance





Name: My Mum
Image hosting by Photobucket
Faster give me some grandchildren!

Description:
My long suffering mum who painstakingly brought me up after my dad died in a horrific car accident when I was ten. It’s not as bad as it sounds because he was on his way to meet his mistress or something, heh. Quite possibly the only person on earth who remembers my birthday without fail. I heart her sia.
Click here for first appearance




Name: The Boss
Image hosting by Photobucket
You hong gan lah you!

Description:
My Boss is da man. He started the company armed with nothing but a Primary Six education, shrewd decisions at the races, and the uncanny ability to persuade clients. Besides lording over the office, he is rumored to be a co-owner of a lup sup nightclub in Katong. He also has this annoying habit of laughing really loudly while shouting “Hong Gan Lah!” whenever he hears a particularly bad idea.
Click here for first appearance




Name: Nerd
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maggi Mee is good for health

Description:
A 23 year old undergraduate who used to intern at my company. I have no idea why, but the entire office thinks we are long lost brothers, in terms of both looks and personality. Was way irritated by him initially (actually, I still do) because of his annoying habit of following me around, even to the loo. But he really is a kindred spirit because we both know how painful unrequited crushes on heartless girls feel like. And for the record, we are not gay, ok?
Click here for first appearance




(To be updated as and when I’m not feeling that sian.)


With Love,
Sibeh Sian

P.S. If you think these are the real pictures of the people in my life, all I can say is "Heh heh." Almost every thing you see here are courtesy of Getty Images. They are damn accurate descriptions though.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home