The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The long and short about Karate Masters



I seriously thought I was reading an elaborate April Fool’s joke two weeks back in Channel News Asia. You’ve probably heard of them because they are famous now: a group of Singaporeans who went to Japan in search of an elusive Karate Master and his secret manual, a request made by a dying father, himself a karate man, on his death bed.

I’m looking forward to a movie adaption already. Anyway, I thought their task was downright impossible because who was arguably the most famous Karate master of all time died recently:


Image hosting by Photobucket
Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything


Anyway, unbelievable, but they actually managed to find the guy. However, they are not sure whether if the fellow really is the Karate master, maybe because they didn't see the old man chop down a tree or two with his bare hands or something. The master also refused to part with his 4,000 year-old manual (wow, Karate’s actually been taught since the dawn of civilization).

It’s a pity that I’m not with the group. With my years of martial arts experience honed through hours of SBC period dramas since young, I have a few tricks up my sleeves to make the old guy part with his precious:


1) Make him indebted to you by saving his family from certain disaster.

2) Marry his daughter.

3) Force it from him with, eh, poisoned fish porridge, like what that one-eyed girl did in Kill Bill Vol.2.


Anyway, the whole episode forced me to recognize a negative trait about Singaporeans that I’ve refused to acknowledge thus far: We are simply not adventurous enough. Given their time and resources, they could have go to China and search for the even more elusive 如来神掌 instead.


Image hosting by Photobucket
I may look like I’m trying to shit, but really I’m not


Come to think of it, they might even find Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu if they are lucky.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home