The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Friday, April 14, 2006

The long and short about The Start Of A Possible Romance



Maybe there really is a Higher Being who is looking after me after all: This morning, I was told that the ‘job-seekers’ who came the other day were actually students interviewing for internships. Not only am I feeling incredibly relieved that my job is secure, I’m also damn happy because one of them will be assigned to be under my mentorship.

I honestly believe that internships are an integral part of a solid university education. Internships are occasions when you get to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt in classrooms into practical use in the Real World. Everyday is an exam: if you fail to perform, you may find yourself out of a job. On hindsight, I wished I could have made more effort when I was choosing my own internship company a couple of years back, instead of choosing an obscure company simply because it was near my home. I did saved quite a bit on transport and meals though.

The interns will get to learn a lot if they are willing to work hard and take on additional responsibilities such as getting breakfast for me. I was thus very discerning when I went through the many resumes just now: The last person I want is someone who skives and wastes both our time. I wanted someone who is diligent, intelligent, and full of integrity.

I thus settled on the ah-lian with blond streaks. She looks damn nice in the photo sia :)

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home