The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, April 17, 2006

The long and short about My Sushi Eating Friend



I am so sibeh sian. When I worked OT last Friday, it was with the understanding that I’ll get a day off today. I thus can’t comprehend why I am typing this on the office PC yet again.

The scary thing is that I’m almost used to getting abused already. I was bullied by schoolmates from pre-primary till uni. I was bullied by sadistic sergeants in the army. So I guess it’s no surprise that I’m desensitized to getting bullied by my colleagues.

“I’m surprised you haven’t tried jumping off a building or something,” commented an old friend over dinner the other day. “If I were you I probably would.” She said that almost nonchalantly before taking a bite of her sushi.

“I value life above everything else ok?”, I retorted after wolfing down my chawamushi. “My mum spent long months carrying me in her tummy, I can’t do that kind of thing to her!”

“Whatever,” said she after taking a sip of the green tea, “Besides, you’ll probably fail miserably and make a fool out of yourself if you did try jumping.”


I have no idea why I am still friends with Sushi Eating Friend.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home