The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Friday, July 14, 2006

The long and short about Nerd’s Farewell



Damn that Nerd. After making me all emo over his farewell on Wednesday, he had to scare me by popping out of my cubicle when I went to work this morning. I was even more freaked when he said, “Mr Sian! I’m back because I miss you!”

Thank goodness he was just joking. It turns out that he didn’t managed to get a 2-day MC, and thus had to come back for his last day of work. I think he got a good deal though. For some reason, my Boss was feeling very happy today, and took everyone out for lunch to give Nerd a proper farewell. I have no idea why, but Office Bimbo kept giving us that I-know-what-you-did-last-night smile, while Ms Tan was asking stupid questions like, “So are you sad or not, your brother leaving already leh.” Nerd didn’t help things a bit with his suggestion of a group Neo-Print, which made Boss go “Muahaha, you hong gan lah you!”

Anyway, I suspect Boss struck lottery or something because he was even generous enough to give Nerd a half day off after lunch. So I was in the cubicle alone just now, when I received another surprise: there was a brand new mouse in my drawer. Damn that Nerd. I have been complaining about how my mouse has not been responsive lately, and he really went and get one for me. I think he is trying to make me feel guilty for all the data-entry jobs that I’ve been giving him.

The mouse even came with a note attached, which I will reproduce in its entirety here:


“Dear Mr Sian,

Hello! Hope you like the mouse. Do be assured that even though it comes with a note attached, the gift doesn’t come with any strings attached. Haha.

Anyway, what I want to say is that I want to thank you for your guidance over the past ten weeks. Even though I have not learned anything useful here, I am still very grateful because I found a friend. That may sound very simple, but that actually meant a lot to me because I don’t really have many friends, haha.

I wish you all the best for your career and your health, and I also pray that we will both fulfill our dream of losing our virginity soon. But not to each other of course, haha. Oh a related note, I think you don’t have to intro Sushi Eating Friend to me because I still like my Heartless Girl very much. Not to mention, I think Sushi Eating Friend is interested in someone whom we both know, haha.

Take care, and try not to spend so much time on naughty websites.

Cheers,
Nerd”


Damn that Nerd. For making me feel emo again.

Heh.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

17 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    wow so sweet of Nerd. Got another hug bo???

    Sian, you can be sibeh nice too!!!!

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 4:18:00 PM, Blogger eileen` said…

    how come nerd's also aware that others suspect you two of engaging in gay activities?

    don't tell me... o.O

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Blogger The Fig Fairy said…

    Such sweet friendship between two guys! Lurv-lay! So Nerd is hinting that SEF likes you?!

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 6:24:00 PM, Blogger avalon said…

    So sweet!!!

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 9:08:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Sunflower: I was very nice to Nerd already! I treated him to ice cream once!

    Eileen: To be frank, the whole office thinks we are gay. I seriously have no idea why!

    Twinkles: He got hint meh :P?

    Avalon: Indeed. We had ice kachang for desserts :)

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Lawrence and Alicia said…

    Hmmm.. SEF is in luv with who?

    Nerd is really a fren worth having.. Be more generous on him leh.. U didn't treat him anything yet rite? Bad fren! hahhaa..

    - Alicia

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said…

    hmm..seems like ah nerd is not such a "lousy" guy after all...at least he appreciates you. And that's so sweet~! =)

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    aiyoh, u make me emo also.

    Why dont u start a relationship wif Nerd? He seems really nice. Plus, u know u can never score with the opposite sex.

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    What kinda ice cream did you treat him ah?

    Heh Heh Heh!

    Kidding lah. But after reading the last two posts, I think I like Nerd too.

    Oh I realised I have never not liked him what. It's you lor! How could you!

    Anyway, there are people who walk in and out of our lives, but there are certainly some who will leave a print.

    I guess that's Nerd for you. Hopefully you guys keep in contact.

    AND, although I can read in between lines and taking in irony, there had better be this Nerd person in the real world cos if there isn't, I will kick your ass really. If I ever get to meet you somehow.

    = )

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:16:00 AM, Blogger The Rational Neurotic said…

    I totally agree with Bochap. Plus, you're the senior one and he looks up to you, so you can be the poke-er, not the poke-ee, and actually, if you don't grab anything, not much diff one. Hahahhahhaa

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Jaschocolate said…

    haha... The interns are getting very smart hor... My intern gave my dept roses :p

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:24:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    woo... mouse ar..

    haha! excellent! :) @ leaset if things fall thru with sef, u hv a back up in nerd. :D

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    wow nerd is TRULY one good friend to have. Lucky you Mr Sian. Now you shouldnt feel sian already..so many good things are falling into places

    :)

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Alicia: I have no idea who. I also have no idea how Nerd hows about who she likes!

    PlatformShoes: But the mouse not platinum plated one leh. Haha. Joking.

    Lixia: Yah, he's a nice guy lah. A pity he'll not be in the office anymore.

    Adrenaline: Start a relationship your head lah start a relation.

    Zhe Bin: McDonald's ice cream cone! 50 cents, really value for money :)

    Bochup: No no no, I'm keeping my virginity for the ideal Homely Girl :)

    Rational Neurotic: You sound very, very experienced :)

    JasChoc: WAH! Your intern sibeh rich sia. Besides the mouse, Nerd also bought 2 cans of butter cookies for everyone. Nice.

    PJ: There's nothing going on between me and Sushi Eating Friend! Really! ANd oh, the mouse branded some more. Logitech, don't play play :)

    Yanni: I actually wanted to fail Nerd so that he can come again for the next internship. Haha. Kidding :)

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    My mouse is also not very responsive these days. *wink*

     
  • At Monday, July 17, 2006 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Thiang! said…

    Nerd is such a funny guy! He's nice, I can tell. Haha.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:37:00 AM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said…

    Nerd seem so sweet...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home