The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, March 12, 2007

The long and short about The Brave Boy



Ok people, no more indecent pictures of Nerd, I promise. I reckoned if he ever finds out about this blog I will be in serious trouble. Heh.

Anyway, I made a major discovery over the weekend: it is cool to fight in your underwear. Before your imagination starts running wild again, I am of course referring to 300.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have quite a few things to say about this movie, and the first thing is that this movie is not really for kids. The reason is because the show is M18, and the ushers might stop you from entering the theatre if you are below 18. Which leads me to the second thing that I want to say: the ushers at Orchard Cineleisure are not doing their jobs. I was expecting to be asked for my IC at the point of entry, so I was shocked when they admitted me with a smile after checking my ticket. Can’t they tell that I could be 16 or 17?!?! Very unprofessional, those ushers.

The third thing I have to say about 300 is that it made me feel very, very guilty for not jogging the past few weeks. I have no idea how they did it, but all the guys in the show had six packs vs my One Pack. I also noticed they had bigger neh nehs that the girls. I know this because the guys were perpetually naked from waist-up, and because the girls were curiously braless. I was also surprised that waxing was in vogue in ancient Greece because despite popular notions, all the ang mos in the show were not hairy, haha.

But above all the superficial stuff I learnt from the show, I learnt one very, very important lesson. And that is that when faced with a great challenge and seemingly insurmountable odds, we should not give in, and should instead face our challenges head on. In fact, I got to apply that lesson that very evening.


Mum: Sian, faster go clean up your room, it’s very messy.

Me: Later then I go clean lah, I want to watch finish the TV first.

Mum: . . . .

Mum: YOU BETTER FASTER GO CLEAN YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!


Sometimes, it’s wiser to give in to the oppressors. Sigh.


With Love,
Sibeh Sian

12 Comments:

  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 4:39:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We're planning to watch it tonight... can't wait to see the topless men and women. *goosebumps*

    In the meantime, I've been exercising hard on Wii Sports so I won't feel as bad when I see those toned bodies.

     
  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    please lah, u already look like 30 when you were really 16 or 17 lor. kaoz. now, you look like 45. No, wait. 48.

    eh, i want to punch on ur one-pack as boxing practise leh. It would make a good sand-bag.

     
  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Oh my god Sian I also went to watch 300 on Saturday!

    I'm sooo in love with all the buff actors!! Rippling chest muscles... impossibly ripped abs... *drool*

    I think all men should fight naked wahahaha!!

     
  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Heh, I hope they show is as violent and gory as I expect it to be. I want to see how they recreated the Persians paying in blood for every inch they advanced.

     
  • At Monday, March 12, 2007 3:11:00 PM, Blogger fredrik said…

    those guys look so manly, it actually makes them lok gay

     
  • At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    No lah their bodies weren't digitally enhanced, they spent months before filming started training themselves and building up their bodies!! Gerald Butler spent 7 months training intensively every single day leh!

     
  • At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:37:00 PM, Blogger imnothere said…

    thank goodness there arent anymore of Nerd's "exciting" pictures.

    on the sader side of things, i wish you all the best in watching the gaydom, i didnt know that you were that desperate... nevertheless i guess it cant be helped - Ms Tan, Office Bimbo, SEF, Sweet Young Things, all these things that drove you to this...

     
  • At Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Blogger tstar said…

    Did you watch it with Nerd?

     
  • At Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Gracie: Omigod you have a Wii!!!! I also want! Haha :)....

    Adrenaline: 48 your head lah 48!

    Cindy: Holy Macaroni! At Cineleisure too?!!? My goodness.... Walau, I want their ribs too, but all I do is eat ribs only :(

    Green Ogre: It was very stylo-myloly done. Even the fallen head will spin aroun artistically first, haha....

    Fredrik: If I can look like them if I turn gay then I might seriously consider joining them, haha.... Oops!

    Ian: It's like what CIndy said, not CG wor :D!

    Cindy: I bet Butler didn't get to enjoy KFC for the whole of the 7 months!

    Imnothere: I'm facing pressure from everyone! Argh....

    Tstar: How did you know :P?!?!??!

     
  • At Friday, March 16, 2007 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Chi Ying 子盈 said…

    Sivveh sian haha.... ...hahahaha...damn darn funny. farni
    fartttt!!! haha hi sibeh suan
    ... ...

     
  • At Sunday, March 18, 2007 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    I wonder if they taste good with tartar sauce.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Dig the show. Dig their packs. And they are not CGI some more. They trained for 2 months. Gambatte sibei sian! U can do it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home