The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The long and short about That Telephone Conversation



Sucky Incident #01:
I’ve went for the interview yesterday.

It sucked.


Sucky Incident #02:
Some of you might have noticed that I’ve stopped calling myself Lorenzo. I hate to say this, but I’ve been dogged by bad luck ever since I gave myself that sucky name.

I’ve not spoke with Sushi Eating Friend ever since that incident, which feels kind of weird because we usually swop office gossips just about every other day. It felt so weird I couldn’t stand it any longer, and gave her a call on Valentine’s Eve.


Me: Eh, hello?

Sushi Eating Friend: . . . . What?

Me: Haha, are you free tomorrow night? I’ve made a really nice reservation for two at the Toa Payoh KFC!

Sushi Eating Friend: . . . .

Sushi Eating Friend: Sian, you’ve got to stop treating me like I’m some sort of a comfort pillow.

Sushi Eating Friend: You can’t stop calling me for the whole of two weeks, and expect me to go on a date with you on Valentine’s Day ok?

Me: . . . . Oh, haha. . . .

Me: . . . . I just thought you might want to go out because we made a deal about going out together on Valentine’s if we’re both dateless, but it’s ok, haha. . . .

Sushi Eating Friend: . . . . I’m dating someone tomorrow.

Me: . . . . Oh! Eh, that’s great! Haha. . . .

Sushi Eating Friend & Me: (Awkward silence)

Me: . . . . Hey, I’ve got to go back to work now. Enjoy yourself tomorrow ok? Bye!

Sushi Eating Friend: Ok, bye.


I didn’t even have the guts to tell her I just got fired.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home