The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The long and short about The Washing Machine



My washing machine broke down recently, so I made a trip with Mummy Dearest to look for a new one over the weekend.

We were very, very disturbed at the big-ass electronics store after discovering that some washers can cost up to $2000. I’m not sure about you, but if I have $2000 to spare, I will spend it on something more useful, such as a year’s worth of KFC.

I was thus very happy to chance upon a model which cost under $400. I was also very happy because the sales promoter was a Sweet Young Thing.


Me: May I know the capacity of the machine?

Sweet Young Sales Promoter: It’s 6kg, Sir, good enough to handle daily laundry for a family of four.

Me: Oh! That’s good! Haha, but it’s a family of two because I am still single, haha. . . .

At this point, I decided to impress Sweet Young Sales Promoter by asking an intellectual question to show I’ve done my home work about washing machines.

Me: I am very impressed by your professional knowledge! Before I commit to making a purchase, may I know where is the location of the detergent compartment? I’ve tried looking for it for the past few minutes, but couldn’t find it anyway in this washing machine, haha. . . .

Sweet Young Sales Promoter: . . . .

Sweet Young Sales Promoter: Sir, this is not a washing machine.

Sweet Young Sales Promoter: It’s a dryer.


With Love,
Sibeh Sian

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home