The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The long and short about Why You Should Date An Older Woman



Even the best plans made by a Man of Action can go haywire if the circumstances doesn’t allow for it. Although I’ve made up my mind to ask Ms Tan if she was the one who gave me the bean curd, I was unable to because she was sent on an urgent overseas working trip since Monday. She will be back tomorrow though, and I hope my queries will be answered then.

Anyway, I’ve been wondering what I should do if Ms Tan confesses her love for me. As with the situation I had with Office Bimbo, I think it’s a big no-no because it’s not a very good idea to take a shit in my own backyard. And with Ms Tan, there’s this added dimension of complexity because she is an Older Woman.

I hate to say this, but there’s a whole lot of social stigma attached to dating an Older Woman. While society is generally accepting of a guy dating a gal six or seven years his junior, the same cannot be said for the reverse. The last wedding dinner I was in, the guests started murmuring when it was made known that the bride was two years senior than the groom. This is bad because if we ever get married, the crowd might start rioting because Ms Tan is older than me by almost a decade.

I think this is very, very bad. Older Women are human too, and I think there should be no reason why they get stigmatized when Dirty Old Men bedding Sweet Young Things get away with it. I will take my small step in trying to change this perception by coming up with a list of reasons why you should date an Older Woman:


Reason #01: She is richer
According to this Straits Times article some time back, 40% of Singaporean female graduate above 30 are single, compared to 10% for females with less than secondary school qualifications. The main reasons cited for this disparity are higher expectations, and because that family and love takes a backseat in favor of career for the better educated. That seems to be the case for Ms Tan too, and I bet she will be able to provide me with the life a Male Tai-Tai if she wants to. Heh.

Reason #02: She is wiser, wittier, and sassier
I am making a lot of assumptions here because just because someone is older, doesn’t necessarily mean she is wiser, wittier, or sassier. But given that they may have traveled more and had more time to learnt about the wonders of life, the possibility of them being wiser, wittier, and sassier, is higher.

Reason #03: It is romantic to date an Older Woman
Be rebellious! Flout conventions! Follow your heart and date the Older Woman, like what 楊過 did for 小龍女.

Reason #04: She can teach you things in bed
This point was actually brought up by the very unorthodox Nerd when I told him about my situation. Unfortunately, I think it doesn’t apply to my situation because I think Ms Tan is a virgin like me.

Reason #05: You can die together
This point is rather morbid, but makes a lot of sense. The Superior Species have a higher life expectancy than guys, so the chances of you dying in your sleep together ala The Notebook is much higher.


I was telling Sushi Eating Friend that actually, come to think of it, there are not a lot of compelling reasons why you should date an Older Woman. But she shut me up by saying “I think if you really love someone, you shouldn’t give a hoot about how old or how young she is.”

Oh well. I have a wise, witty, and sassy friend.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

23 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Blogger imnothere said…

    two words,
    good grief.
    *faint*

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger JayWalk said…

    "Wiser, witty and sassy friend"???

    Orrrrhhh.... you die liao..... you tell whole world sushi eating friend is old....

    You is hong kan.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger The Trivial Traveller said…

    Like what SEF says, if you love somebody, age is irrelevant.

    What makes you think it is NOT a heart-wrangling struggle for older women to date younger men?!!

    Nonetheless, I enjoyed the analysis u put up...hehehe...

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:25:00 PM, Blogger eileen` said…

    then date her!

    ms tan probably can't bear you children you know.

    SEF can.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:28:00 PM, Blogger dex.8.1 said…

    Point 5 is sibeh sibeh pertinent! Logical and rational..Beautiful. hehe

    Hey Sianz, try taking a BIG step instead?! Accept Ms Tan's love or go pursue her lah =D

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Christel said…

    From the way you wrote, it seems that you are not ruling out Ms Tan. Trouble is, your friend's right. Age doesn't matter if you really feel for that person.

    However, one can agree with this yet, don't agree physically. Just don't do it becos yr biological clock can't wait aka desperate.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:11:00 PM, Blogger yanZzz said…

    WA LAU!

    BUT NOT ALL OLD WOMAN HAVE TO KNOWLEDGE TO TEACH DE ...
    SOMETIMES YOUNGER WOMAN TEACHES MORE ....

    HAHAHAH

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:12:00 PM, Blogger TwinkleBalls said…

    i think its more of ur interested in her? -_-?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:46:00 PM, Blogger imnothere said…

    Reference to an old post and picture

    http://sibehsibehsian.blogspot.com/2006/04/long-and-short-about-how-ms-tan-really.html

    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h
    243/sibehsian/yan2.jpg

    it must be the haze or the heat. SBS is losing it!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger pj said…

    i rest my case about 没有鱼虾也好.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Jj said…

    how you know she's a virgin? scully she did that before, unlike the pathetic you. =)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger the Queen said…

    wahaha you interested in her go ahead lah! just you know, casually date ;)

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger mrdes said…

    say, I m sure she has life insurance right? Then, what r u waiting for? Imagine the windfall if she passed on (if not by natural cause, u know what to do)...and all the SYT will follow...haha

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger mrdes said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:44:00 AM, Blogger ReneRene said…

    haha. eh your simple life seems to be getting more and more complicating.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 2:25:00 AM, Blogger kangaroo said…

    hahaa! but a woman always look more mature than a male of the same age. what if people ask, 'is that your sister?'?

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Saroette said…

    wah Sian!

    u moving up the ladder liao ar? From no one want to now the current situation leh. Not bad hor?

    SEF is a wise person indeed. U thank God that u hv such a clever friend. Such a clever friend who wants to be friends wif u this not very clever boy lor.

    haha...

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    So you telling us, there could be a possibilities between you and Ms Tan, No?

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Imnothere: You like Charlie Brown huh? Haha :)....

    Jaywalk: She is only 23! Very young, young! Haha....

    MOATT: I think it's indeed a heart-wrangling struggle for older women to date younger men indeed. Therefore, I propose the dating gets skipped altogether, and they head for the altar straight. Muahahah :D!

    Eileen: Omigod you are thinking about the children already!

    Freakkler: Heh, you must have enjoyed The Notebook!

    Christel: The problem is, I've been called a desperate man very, very frequently. Sibeh sian :(

    Yanzzz: Oh please, I am a very shy boy! Heh.

    Angela: Oh trust me, no way!

    Imnothere: She is so 'beauriful' in my mind. Heh.

     
  • At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    PJ: Muahahahaha :D! But really, I prefer salmon :)

    JJ: That is a very scary thought because that means I am the only virgin in the office!

    Mrdes: I will be thankful if she doesn't kill me instead. Heh.

    Ruok: What if she evolves to become... lao long nu :)?

    TLL: Indeed. But I am a simple man wanting a simple life!

    Kangaroo: Don't say look like my mother can already, haha :)....

    Saroette: Oei! I am a crever boy hor :D!

    Sunflower: No possibilities. Zitch. Zip. Mei you :D!

     
  • At Saturday, November 11, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger dex.8.1 said…

    Hey Sianz, I dun think u double-replied your readers one hor...but still, try I will. hEh~

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notebook

    I obviously didn't catch the film, but storyline seems to be young boy pursue young girl leh. ...

    Catch no ballz leh?!?!?! =|

     
  • At Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:31:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    i think all the stuff about dating older women are true. Considering that i'll be an "older woman" soon.

    but please lah, older woman can be picky with their choices of partners too.

    There is no way you can get one.

     
  • At Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Freakkler: I do I do! Yup, the storyline is about a young poor boy chasing a young rich girl, but to understand the parallel you have to watch the show yourself, serious! I don't like to tell spoilers, haha :D....

    Adrenaline: Please don't shatter my dream about becoming a rich old tai tai's toyboy, heh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home