The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, October 23, 2006

The long and short about Life Can Be Very Unpredictable



As I mentioned in the previous entry, I was going to try my best to convince Sushi Eating Friend that it’s not in her best interest to go to the concert date with Mr Ex Boyfriend. Being the very subtle Man of Action that I am, I broached the subject in a nonchalant manner midway through our very big bowls of minestrone and mushroom at The Soup Spoon.


Me: So how’s your preparation for the coming concert?

Sushi Eating Friend: (Gives a blank look) What concert?

Me: Huh? The Ono Lisa concert that Mr Ex Boyfriend invited you to!

Sushi Eating Friend: Oh! That concert. I’m not going.

Me: Huh?!?! But she’s like your favorite artiste!

Sushi Eating Friend: She is.

Sushi Eating Friend: But there’s no way I’m going to sit through 2 hours’ worth of concert with an asshole.

Sushi Eating Friend: Besides, I can afford my own tickets.

Me: Umm. . . . You don’t have to. (Pulls tickets out of my pockets) I happen to have a pair of free tickets, from, umm, a client.


I am going to watch Ono Lisa this Wednesday :)

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

24 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home