The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The long and short about The Date III



Ok, I changed my mind. Here’s what happened during the date.

It was a very different Office Bimbo when I met her on Monday morning. Instead of her usual chirpy self, she was looking rather distraught when I bumped into her in the pantry. I was feeling generous, and tried to cheer her up by offering her some of my nasi lemak. To my horror, she accepted and I was left feeling hungry for the morning. Walau.

I knew by then something was seriously wrong because under normal circumstances, she would not go an inch near nasi lemak because she claims it makes people fat. I decided against the idea of KFC when she said she needed a place where she can have a quiet conversation over dinner, and since I only know of one place where I can have a quiet conversation over dinner, we ended up at the sushi bar that evening.

After a few rounds of sake, she finally told me what was troubling her: Her parents are getting a divorce because of, what else, the appearance of another woman. In fact, her mum and her lover are holidaying in the Maldives right now.

I asked her why she was telling me all this, and she said she had no idea herself. She just wanted someone to talk to, and somehow my name happened to pop up. This was all ok until she popped that question to me.


Office Bimbo: Sian, can you do something for me please?

Me: Huh? Eh, what?

Office Bimbo: Can you let me slap you please?

Me: HUH?!?!?

Office Bimbo: My ex used to let me do that to him. It lets me de-stress, really!


Needless to say, I rejected her utterly bizarre request. Although I am very disturbed, I now have a better idea why Office Bimbo and her SLK Driving Boyfriend have gone separate ways. I also politely rejected her counteroffer of letting me slap her. I have no idea what the hell young women are thinking of nowadays.

By this stage, Office Bimbo was getting quite drunk, so I had to help her out of the bar. And that was when I bumped into Sushi Eating Friend. She looked at me, looked at Office Bimbo with her arms clung around me, and walked into the sushi bar without any expression.

I am so sibeh sian :(


With Love,
Sibeh Sian


P.S. BTW Office Bimbo has been very friendly ever since our ‘date’. She even gave me a ticket to watch Phantom of the Opera with her this Sunday, because her friend couldn’t make it. I hope it’s not going to be scary like Sadako sia.

18 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:13:00 AM, Blogger Champion Chen said…

    "...the appearance of another woman. In fact, her mum and her lover are holidaying..."

    huh so the new woman is her mum's new lover? OMG so her mum left her dad for a lesbian partner? thats so sad lah.

    you damn bad lah should just let her slap you mah! or you can counter, counter propose to OB to let Sushi Eating Friend slap her instead.

    i mean it's a win-win situation what? OB needs a slap and i bet Sushi Eating Friend is dying to give OB one tight slap too!

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:09:00 AM, Blogger imnothere said…

    cc is right. since OB is dying to be slap, SEF will be more than happy to give it to her. Or you, for that matter.

    For the sake of your own name, just email SEF to clarify her what's going on. If you cannot stay friends, at least parted on good terms.

    Remind me when i need a spare tire to see you.

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:27:00 AM, Blogger imnothere said…

    On a 2nd thought, please consider wearing a mask for Phantom of Opera, both in case you meet SEF and for standing in as OB's slapping-bag. You can always pretend that you are the backup actor or something.

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:31:00 AM, Blogger aLL tHiNgS pReTtY said…

    Wow... I also wanna watch Phantom of the Opera :(

    You lucky man~

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:51:00 AM, Blogger JayWalk said…

    Wah... S&M type one har?

    Mai too liao!!!

    *spank*

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger tstar said…

    you really get into all sorts of weird stuff.

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    i also want free tickets to Phantom!!! U lucky boy!

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Rainie said…

    ... oh my, you have a new best friend, the Office Bimbo! =)

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Rainie said…

    and you are soooo lucky, to get tickets to Phantom of the Opera!

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:37:00 PM, Blogger dex.8.1 said…

    I suspect OG belonged to the "EMO"-type. Beware orh!

     
  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:46:00 PM, Blogger kim said…

    wah. what would I do to get tix to the Phamtom of the Opera.

    Sian! The cab fare the other time was well spent!

     
  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    phantom of the opera's goooooooood, dont waste the ticket, put ur mind off everything especially SEF and enjoy the musical!!

     
  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 11:24:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    Oooh, you can grab OB if you are terrified. It's alright one! I bet she would be the pillar of your support. =))))

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:25:00 AM, Blogger Chi Ying 子盈 said…

    don't be sad, siehsian, be better, jiayou ba!

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:52:00 AM, Blogger Chi Ying 子盈 said…

    Hello Siehsian, although i don't really know you, or i mean I don't know you at all, you seemed to be very good at your words. Just that maybe you don't express yourself, well.

    A small note for you: I enjoy reading, your blog. But I just simply have no time for long entries. Lucky I know summarisation. haha...(:

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Chi Ying 子盈 said…

    Sadako? LOL....!!!

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:09:00 PM, Blogger fredrik said…

    haha you have 2 women in your life now XD (not counting your mother that is)

     
  • At Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Champion Chen: All the slapping is making me scared. We should all live in peace! World Peace :D!

    Imnothere: Haha, better not look for me when you need a spare tire, because I don't have a car! Haha :D.... And they were selling the mask at show I think, heh.

    ATP: I was lucky, and also sibeh happy because it was Free :) Heh. I just have to rub it in :D!

    Jaywalk: You sound sibeh kinky to me too, you naughty boy :)

    Tstar: Indeed I do, indeed....

    Cindy: I am a sibeh lucky boy :) Must be because of all the good karma!

    Rainie: She can't really qualify as a 'best friend' because she don't like KFC. I can't imagine being best friends with someone who can't appreciate KFC :P!

    Freakkler: In fact, sibeh EMO. Must be very wary indeed, heh.

    Kim: All you need to get a tix is go and buy from Sistic, haha :D....

    Isabel: It was good indeed! I like the part when the chandelier flew to the top during the start and the loud Phantom theme start booming, sibeh powderful :)

    Ollie: She will slap me instead ah!

    Chi Ying: You are very kind! Thanks thanks, but I suck at words really :(

    Fredrik: I am very happy you didn't include Ms Tan :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home