The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, April 30, 2007

The long and short about That Jogging Session



I was feeling guilty after eating all those calories-filled sinful goodies the past few nights, and so I finally dragged my lazy ass to the nearby park to do some jogging just now.

It turned out to be a brilliant decision because there happened to be this Sweet Young Thing at the tracks. Actually I couldn’t really tell because I don’t wear my glasses while jogging, but there’s not mistaking the ponytail, the slender built, and the oh-so hypnotic swaying of the lovely hips that Sweet Young Things are capable of, heh.

Just in case you are wondering, I’m not a cheekopek, but I found myself jogging closely behind her just so that I could observe her butt running techniques better. Unfortunately, I was so focused on my task I ended up tripping.

While I lay on the tracks nursing my bruised knee, the most amazing thing happened: the Sweet Young Thing actually turned back and offered me some tissue. I don’t usually believe in signs, but the brief seconds felt like the moment I was waiting for all my life. I finally found my voice after a while:


Me: Haha, thanks! You are very nice :). . . . May I know your name please?

Sweet Young Thing: . . . .

Sweet Young Thing: Don’t joke around with me, Sian.


When I heard that voice I seriously regretted jogging, and also seriously regretted not wearing my glasses when I jog.

Of all the places in Singapore, Ms Tan have to choose my neighborhood to move to. Damn.


With Love,
Sibeh Sian

23 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home