The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The long and short about An Open Letter To My Computer



Dear Computer,

It has been a few days since we last spoke to each other, and despite the many misunderstandings that have happened between us, I sincerely hope you are feeling better.

Do you still remember how we met? It was three plus years ago at an IT show, and I made up my mind about making you mine because you were drop dead gorgeous and had a great figure: Pentium IV 2.8, 512MB RAM, GeForce 128MB. You may be old and haggard now, but I fondly remember the days when you were in all your 80GB worth of glory.

We started as a loving couple, we really did. Hand in hand, we slew the hordes of Diablo without blinking our eyes. We raised babies and made love to each others’ wives in Sims 2. We shared music unselfishly with faceless comrades in Timbuktu, and we chatted with balding lechers in ICQ.

You gave me your word and I gave you mine; a holy matrimony in the cyber times.

Alas! The good times were not meant to last! You started getting sluggish, started throwing tantrums from time to time. I missed a report deadline after you irresponsibly crashed out of town. You had amnesia, and forgot all about our precious memories of saved games, spreadsheets and photographs.

I thought I can endure all this, but since yesterday, you have inexplicably refused to start up. You made me commit adultery by typing this in the office com. You drove me up the wall, and you have won.

I know we can never be like before, but before you leave, I hope it’s not too much to ask you to return what is mine. If you will just start up once, I will take out and back up my precious collection of very, very artistic films that have accompanied me through the years. Please! I beg of you, I'm on my knees!

Goodbye, Computer.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

12 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:29:00 PM, Blogger :: !ping :: said…

    how abt taking out ur hdd n plug into another com to retrieve ur files?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    my comp crashed too. along with my few GBs full of pictures and songs. I'm totally upset too. hais.

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:14:00 AM, Blogger dex.8.1 said…

    oUcH..that gotta hurts real bad. pingz's idea looks real good. try it sian. pray that your PC is as sentimental as you, if she is, i've no worries that she will relent and submit ot your will...for the very last time!! hEE.

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    i hope your com gets well, but before that, kindly explain more on the part of "artistic films" please. thank you sian i know you are a very nice guy. (=

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:06:00 AM, Blogger :: !ping :: said…

    is your com a virgin b4 it died TOO?

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    I know how you feel. All things must come to an end. By the way, can you share which artisitc films you have? Do any of them happen to feature Annabel Chong?

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    This entry make me puke! faint!

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger imnothere said…

    Dear SBS,

    I have been serving you faithfully for over 3 years. Yet for all that time, I have endured your prodding and clicking, enduring the virus attacks and the unclean websites as well as making war and love together. (Diablo and Sims).

    I am moved that you have chosen me out of the 300 other computers. However, even as I languished in the debris of dust, malwares and fragmented bits of old programs clustering around my HDD. You have never make sure I have proper ventilation and so I got over-heated. Data-wise, I have clusters of malwares and fragmented bits of old programs, all of which you have never attempted to format or clean.

    You are my owner, my *first*. However I have also found you with another computer at work... I tried to drop hints, but since you don't listen I cannot take this anymore. I am leaving, however since I don't have legs, I have chosen to quit instead. Farewell, my owner, my former love!

    Your Former Love
    The Computer


    *just thought that i will try to write a response in place of the computer. Heee Heee Heee*

    ** i think its probably the HDD, mine died *JUST* after the warranty expired. You will have to take it up to a computer shop and see what data you can recover. But I do feel you pain as I was the same 'bout 2 years ago.

     
  • At Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:10:00 AM, Blogger klayhead said…

    looks like u need a new comp? get one before the GST hit ah..

    anyways, failure to startup can be caused by power-failure.. check your powerbox..

    if there's a slight sound before the thing stops running, then perharps your motherboard needs fixing..

    if u can get see error message on the screen, ah.. then most prob its your harddisk that is gone..

     
  • At Sunday, November 26, 2006 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    I'm sure it's the artistic films lah. Artistic sites give you artistic trojans and parasites. Once contacted, they will slow down your com artistically and you will feel artistically high when it crashes.

     
  • At Monday, November 27, 2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger SeaLs said…

    I like this post! lyrical. Nice.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:52:00 PM, Blogger aphrodite said…

    i think your computer wants to keep all the "artistic" films to itself.

    sad that you can't turn on your computer anymore..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home