The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The long and short about Adrenaline’s Wedding



My good friend of 10 years, Adrenaline, is getting married tomorrow.

From her recent post, I reckoned she is not very enthusiastic about the wedding. In fact, I think she is probably the most unwilling bride I know. Sigh. Girl, if you are reading this, I have this piece of advice to you: you must accept the fact that I am not the groom!

Seriously though, I am very worried that she will carry out a ‘runaway bride’ thingy tomorrow. Actually, it sounds kind of exciting and romantic, but nay, that is not a very good idea. Besides, Adrenaline is not very good at running (she took almost 4 hours for the 21km half marathon), and it will be very embarrassing if she gets caught and dragged back to the wedding aisle.

I am also very worried that she will runaway after I gave my ang pow, which will be, very, very bad.

Apprehensions aside, I am looking forward to the wedding tomorrow. They say girls look their prettiest on their wedding, and I do hope this miracle, however unlikely, will happen to Adrenaline. Besides, our entire poly gang will be there, and it will be very fun making jokes at the expense of the wedding girl. Heh.

Anyway, I think it’s rather mean of me not to have said anything nice and mushy and itchy-yucky to her on the day before her wedding, so here it is:

Dearest Ah Sai,

Oei, I know you are not 100% sure about getting hitched, and I’m in no position to comment because this is your future happiness that we are talking about here.

But from what I have observed during our gatherings and at your dad’s passing, T**** is like one of the nicest guys around, and it’s obvious that he cares a great deal for you even though he is not exactly the expressive type. Besides, he is very tall compared to your very lack of tall, so you guys will probably make good-looking babies :)

Please try your best to make us get emo and teary-eyed when you walk down the aisle with a dazzling smile tomorrow. You know we will be cheering for you :)

With Love,
Sibeh ‘Lorenzo’ Sian

P.S. By the way, I think I shall play it safe and give you your ang pow after your honeymoon. Being the gracious person you are, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind :)

P.P.S. I can’t believe I wasted my lunch break to type this!

8 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger imnothere said…

    best wishes to Ad too.

    but I seriously want to know is:
    if you(SBS) is called Ah Cock by Ad, and you call Ad Ah Sai, then what other nicknames did your other friends have?

    come to think of it, i might be better not knowing.

     
  • At Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    Congratz Adrenaline!

    After reading sian's posting, I have lot more to write but I think it will be good enuff, I just give you my blessing!

     
  • At Friday, December 15, 2006 3:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow.U bias le.Treat sef better then Adrenaline.Aiyo...

     
  • At Friday, December 15, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said…

    I think no one should be unsure going into a wedding.

    Its sad. And I see problems ahead.

     
  • At Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Miss Poh said…

    Hi Sian,
    i'm new to ur blog. i think you are Singapore's Adrian Mole. I love tt guy. i love ur writing too. keep it up and dont be too sad over Adrenaline's wedding. You'll find ur true love one day.

     
  • At Monday, December 18, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    To all: Hello everyone! I am feeling very guilty for not replying to comments and not visiting your blogs (my home PC is still down), so I shall stay back in the office now to do so. Heh.

    Imnothere: I won't go into too much details, but one of them is nicknamed Sex God. Oh well.

    Sunflower: Can give me blessing too? I want to win a lucky draw or something :)

    Grace: I am incorribly good :D!

    Evolna: I treat Adrenaline very nice, really! I got her Toys 'R' Us vouchers as wedding ang pow :)

    Rambling Al: I think she was just chicken shit, but she's ok now. Bet it's because of my ang pow :)

    Miss Poh: You must be very intelligent because you are the only one who can tell I was hopelessly in love with Adrenaline and wept buckets when she wed. Excuse me while I go puke. Heh. You blog?

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Miss Poh said…

    Hey Mr Sian,
    I blog but not using blogger.
    But I'm not very excited about the prospect of publicizing it cos it has always been rather inconspicuous. Shy blog for shy ppl.
    =)

     
  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 7:21:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Miss Poh: I am very shy too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home