The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The long and short about Brands



Nerd is obsessed with his KFC Girl.

Even though they are not officially a couple yet (or maybe that’s the reason why), Nerd has been racking his brains on how to make her happy. In fact, he has been bugging everyone on what would make a nice gift for her, and that Office Bimbo offhandedly commented “Just get her a Tiffany lah”.

I initially thought Office Bimbo was very suaku because I thought Tiffany was some ulu brand (I have only heard of Soo Kee and Goldheart). You can thus imagine my shock when I realized how over-priced expensive they are.


Me: Ok, I’ve checked and your Tiffany’s and Cartier are indeed very expensive. But I just can’t comprehend what makes them so expensive.

Office Bimbo: Sian, you just don’t get it do you?

Office Bimbo: It’s the brand ok? Everything is about the brand!


I spent the weekend reflecting on what Office Bimbo said, and decided that she does make a lot of sense. I’ve thus advised Nerd to get something from Taka Jewellery, because I bet the jewelry from the very branded Takashimaya must be quite good sia.


With Love,
Sibeh Sian

28 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home