The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The long and short about My Beauty Investment Part III



I just got back from the hospital.

Heh, I was just kidding. Haha. But really. I just came back from the clinic.

I was really hoping the itch will go away on its own but obviously that didn’t happen. The final straw came when Sushi Eating Friend offered me this piece of advice after I told her about my erupting (literally, the pimples) woes.


Sushi Eating Friend: Cannot be! I’ve been using Olay for ages and it worked wonders for me. How much did you used anyway?

Me: There was no instructions and your phone was engaged the other night. But it did mention ‘Apply Liberally’, so that was what I did. I think I’m left with about half a tube.

Sushi Eating Friend: (Almost chokes on her wasabi) . . . . You really are an idiot.


Fast forward a few hours later and I found myself in the clinical confines of the, eh, clinic.


Doctor: I don’t think it’s an allergy per se. Your skin is probably not used to the moisturizer yet, so do go easy on the amount applied.

Me: Ok. So that means I can still use it after my skin is better right? (I really don’t want to waste the rest of my Olay because I paid $23.50 for it)

Doctor: I don’t suppose there’s any harm, but do refrain from using the product again if you suffer the same symptoms. In the mean time, I’ll give you some cream to ease the itch.

Me: Oh! What’s the brand of the cream?

Doctor: Olay.

Doctor: . . . . Haha, I’m just kidding.


My doctor has a sick sense of humor. I also just realized he didn’t give me an MC.

Damn.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

7 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    haha! i like ur doctor. Except the MC part.

    You know what u shd do?? use dettol. Not kidding!! Of cos i don't mean use the concentrate lah. dilute it wif water.

    But if ur face starts rotting after that, dun come after me hor.

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Alcohol swabs may help. They'll kill any damn organisms they come into contact with. Friend or foe. It's always reassuring to know that you have the nuclear option.

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 2:02:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    You know 以毒攻毒? I think he was trying to help you do that. Use poison to purge poison. Ahh.. What a smart doc. :D

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said…

    The doctor must be dumb to give you another olay brannd cream to apply. You wouldn't have believed him if he insisted that it was olay rite? Haha

    I still honestly thinks that its allergy lei.. =p

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger pj said…

    u know wht u shld do right??

    maybe u never use toner. use a toner 1st to 'prep' your skin.

    then hit with the olay cream. but maybe tt one is a bit strong, so u must put only very little, or dilute with the toner.

    then once ur done, u can spray with those facial spray type to 'close your pores'.

    ;) i hope ur skin gets better soon.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Hi everyone, I feeling better liao, thank you very the much!

    Just two things that I need to say:

    1) Adrenaline: Dettol your head lah dettol.

    2) PJ: What's a toner?!?!?

     
  • At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:12:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    toner? umm.. dunno how to describe. it's basically just a liquid (like water) that usually moisturizes and prepares your skin for your normal moisturizer and sunblock.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home