The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The long and short about All Men Are Assholes



I was riveted to the TV last night while having my cold and forlorn dinner at home alone:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The most fearsome show on TV


One of the tasks involved getting your head into a box of snakes, before pushing yourself horizontally to a tool kit meters away to free yourself.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Honey, the spaghetti is alive!


If you think that is bad, it was a box of tarantulas for the girls.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Funny, my head feels itchy all of a sudden


The gal from the first couple was obviously freaked, and I don’t really blame her for thinking of chickening out because it was a non-elimination round. The guy however, was very pumped up, and made his girl recite “I am not a loser and I will complete this stunt” over and over again.

Just before they dump the tarantulas into her box though, she started freaking out big time and forfeited the stunt. The guy was pissed, and you know he went on to say something bad because the TV started *beeping*.

The last stunt of the night was much kinder in comparison: All the contestants had to do was to unlock two padlocks in the water and race to the finishing point. Very tame by Fear Factor standards, but still no easy task as they were competing for the best timing. The runner-ups lost by only a few seconds, and forfeited a $10,000 trip they won previously. The guy was obviously very, very pissed. You also know he went on to say a lot of bad things because my TV started *beeping* left, right and centre this time.

The sad part about this is that a large part of his *beeping* was directed at his girl, who ended up tearing while shivering from the cold. This is totally beyond me because I always thought you should treat your loved one as someone really, really precious. As least, if I ever find my very special someone, I’ll do my best to make her feel really, really special. I think. Heh.

I received an angry SMS from Sushi Eating Friend after the show, which went “That guy is an asshole. All men are assholes. You will be an asshole too if you can’t memorize the lyrics to Lin Jun Jie’s songs by Saturday.”

I am so dead.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

11 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    I think my hubby will freak out after he see snakes!

    As for memorize the lyrics to Lin Jun Jie’s songs, hmmm the best solution is dont go, and let us go!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:42:00 PM, Blogger LemonCloud said…

    I second sunflower about the part of letting us go instead ;P

     
  • At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said…

    The guys like *beeping* his gal so much, why don't they stuff their heads into the live spaghetti or spiders? See how they like it~! Grr... =S

     
  • At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger kachuaz said…

    sianz, need lyrics can find mua ~~ lol ~~ i will keep a look out for you on sat. lolz~~~

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Prove to sushi-eatin friend that you aren't an asshole by rememberin the lyrics, wrongly. She deserves to be scorned for bein mean to you.

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:15:00 AM, Blogger LR said…

    Sushi-eating friend is admirably manipulative.

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:33:00 AM, Blogger pari said…

    *beep*

    Sushi-eating friend can really make your life quite *beep* if she wants to huh? :p

    Hope you'll feel better soon. Drink lots of water!

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    I agree with Lor Mai Gai, being regarded as an arsehole is not all bad.

    For one it sets the bar lower and people expect less from you. So when they expect less, it's easier to keep them happy.

    So ironically, people are happier with arseholes than those who set themselves up to be saints. It's great if you achieve it, but there are pluses to being pond-scum as well.

    Anyway, I think that you're a nice arsehole.

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    I guess sometime it takes this kind of situation for someone to realise the REAL character of the other half before spending the rest of the lifetime with a jerk.(But too bad if married liao lar)

    She probably should really broke off with him! And not be blinded anymore even though the guy would come out with the excuses such tat was in the fits of anger.

    Sometimes gals are too soft hearted.sigh..

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Sunflower + Lemoncloud: AH, you two wait long long. Heh.

    XMM: The whole *beeping* thingy is so wrong can? For goodness' sake, it was just a game show, no need to scold until like that lor....

    Kachuaz: You also going? Which section?

    Aileen: Haha, actually I know bits and pieces here and there, but not the whole song.

    Le Raine: And I'm unadmirable because I'm being manipulated :(

    Pari: Yes, she can. You too, drink more water! Tea is also good. Damn I sound so rubbish, haha.

    LMG: Very good advice. Not to mention girls seems to be into bad boys. Heh.

    Green Ogre: How do you know I have a nice arsehole?!?!?

    WInterC: I've seen friends trapped in unhappy, and even abusive relationships because they can't let go, and because of that belief that 'he will change'. Sigh.

     
  • At Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Blogger pari said…

    I've a 1.5L bottle in school which I try to finish. haha....

    That reminds me. I thought gals like guys with attitude? Being an @sshole is also having an @ttitude. Maybe you can also butcher the lyrics for extra credit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home