The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The long and short about All Things Happen For A Reason



Just like how your fingers will stink in the morning if you go to bed with an itchy backside, all things in life happen for a reason. Just like how Ms Tan came to hate men.

According to accurate office gossip (ie Nerd), Ms Tan was supposed to be this really good looking man-magnet when she was ten years younger. She was also engaged to this hotshot fighter pilot whom she got to know in uni.

Their wedding, however, was abruptly called off after she found out that he has been sleeping with her best friend.

If you think that was scandalous, wait till you hear this: apparently, they were sleeping without any clothes on. Which means they probably had sex. According to my accurate source of gossip again, the same thing happened to her mum, who found out only after Ms Tan was born.


Me: I don’t get it! Why are girls always attracted to such backside boys?

Office Bimbo: (Rolls her eyes) Of course you don’t get it. Your puny brain is incapable of comprehending the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of the superior species.

Office Bimbo: Anyway, to answer your question: Bad boys have this excitement to them, which makes the relationship very exciting. I was with this exciting Ah Beng once, and it was very. . . exciting!

Office Bimbo: On the other hand, nice guys are synonymous with boringness.

Nerd: I’ve been looking for you Mr Sian! It’s time for our Chinese Chess!


I’m not sure if Office Bimbo is right. I sure hope she’s wrong because all my life, I was brought up thinking that if I don’t smoke, don’t drink, don’t gamble and don’t womanize, I will end up with a Sweet Young Thing and create many, many Sweet Young Things of our own. Sigh.

Anyway, not that I’m feeling sorry to Ms Tan or what, but I resolve to be less nasty towards her in this blog. I shall refrain from using that B word on her, because despite the many overtimes, the verbal lashings, the unreasonable requests, the sarcastic remarks, the lousy appraisals, the last minute projects and the emotional abuse that she has been subjecting me to, she might be a really nice person after all.

I think it’s time I focus on the positive instead of the negative.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

18 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:36:00 AM, Blogger nadnut said…

    awwwww that's sweeet.

    now be nice to me. MY ENTRY! *stalks*

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 8:36:00 AM, Blogger potpourri said…

    The first sentence is sibeh er xin!!

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Laughs. I like that positive attitude. I'll remember you the next time I need a fall guy.

    And what's this about Nadnut's entry?

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger LemonCloud said…

    Could this be the start of a romance *gasp*?

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    Hmmmm, then do something for Ms Tan, Yes? No?

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    Grr.

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    it's so common, sleep with best friend story... -_-"


    but really, it's true. girls like bad ass. Guys like slutty girls.

    but den! when looking for life partner, they'll look for nice nice guai guai one.

    so you just wait for 10 yrs when all of them sick of playing , den hitch u up? ;)

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Nadnut: You're freaking me out!!!!

    Lakeside Girl: The truth is often ugly, and in this case, smelly too :)

    Green Ogre: Apparently, she wants me to blog an entry on Nuts. Weird I tell you.

    Lemoncloud: The very thought of it frightens me. SO no. Heh.

    Sunflower: Trust me, I've been doing a lot, alot of things for her already.

    Zhe Bin: Grrr.

    Spinnee: 10yrs?!??!?! Great. I'll be the 37 Year Old Virgin :(

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger limegreenspyda said…

    nice that you're finally cutting her some slack.

    perhaps have a kopi with her after work? talking to someone over kopi is a good way to ease yourself into realising the person wasn't the bitch/witch person you'd thought she was ... or is there to much workplace protocol to allow for that?

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    Your mommy's advise remind me of the 笨小孩 song.

    "...妈妈说真心爱, 会爱更精彩, 结果我没有女孩 ..."

    That's why you don't have a girl lah. hahah .... and i believe like that song, u also "晚上寂寞难耐".

    When I was young, i also like bad boys.

    Now, i like both good and bad boys. hahahahahhaha ....... :D

    actually i thot u've been very positive all along. If not, how can a loser like u live until now? keke :P

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    Oh, also, according to that song, u don't have to worry lah. After all, 老天爱笨小孩.

    =)

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:44:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    LoL at Adrenaline's comment.

    hmmmm, not only 笨 but is sibeh 笨.

    Can't stop laughing! ha ha ha...

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would agree with your entire post, sian. If your source of office gossip is accurate, Ms Tan is definitely an unfortunate and bitter woman. Also, you were brought up well. Good guys like you definitely deserve good girls. And good girls do like good boys! So don't worry too much!

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:16:00 PM, Blogger nadnut said…

    no lor. u know what im talking abt! *shakes fist*

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Spyda: But kopi getting more and more expensive leh. My canteen sell one cup for 80 cents :(

    Adrenaline: Indeed, I am usually a very positive loser, but I'm prone to the occasional bouts of melancholy too. And it's not "晚上寂寞难耐". It's "晚上寂寞 sibeh 难耐".

    :(

    Sunflower: Who is sibeh 笨? Who who :)?

    Aileen: I hope I'll discover what you said is true before I hit 30 :(

    Nadnut: What entry you what?!?!?!??

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said…

    Yupz..that's right..treat her better & maybe she may even treat you with more dignity & love? hehe

     
  • At Friday, June 30, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    oh my u have a manhater as ur boss.

    maybe it was wiser for you to remain gay. :P

     
  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:19:00 AM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said…

    SYT love bad boys. Women want real nice man. Maybe you had been looking at SYTs that's y..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home