The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, June 26, 2006

The long and short about The Lin Jun Jie Concert



Ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to report here that I’ve survived the Lin Jun Jie 2006 concert:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Argh! I got dust in my eyes!


Even before the concert started, I can tell that Sushi Eating Friend has absolutely no interest in me. And I say that with confidence. Midway through our bus ride to the stadium, she left me hanging in the middle of our conversation to ogle at Men In Uniform, who were rehearsing for the coming NDP. I decided to use that moment to sound her feelings (if any) for me.


Me: Oei, do you think I will look good in a uniform?

Sushi Eating Friend: Don’t disturb me.


I rest my case.

We arrived soon after, and discovered that our seats weren’t as good as we expected. While I indeed got front row seats, it was the front row of the non-premier section. Meaning we were at least 100m away from Mr Lin. I tried to appease Sushi Eating Friend by coming up with a funny poem about Lin Jun Jie, but she wasn’t amused. Women can be so hard to please :(

After being coerced by the choreographer into learning some kindergarten dance moves which involves flapping your arms and shouting ‘JJ GOH!” (I thought his surname is Lin?), the show finally started. I think everyone was very happy because every time Mr Lin appeared, the audience cheered. Every time he’s done with a song, the audience cheered again. When he started showing his nipples, the audience cheered even louder. It was a very cheerful crowd indeed.

Unbeknownst to Sushi Eating Friend, I was actually more excited about the sweet looking guest star instead of Mr Lin:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am smiling despite my toothache


Local singer A-Do was the next guest star, and I guess Sushi Eating Friend don’t like him very much because she went to the ladies. Heh.

Anyway, I’ve got to hand it off to Mr Lin because besides singing very difficult-to-sing songs, he had to dance around and do hand stands at the same time. When he was about to finish his encore items, groans can be heard collectively throughout the concert hall because the fans were very sad to see him leave. Or maybe it was also because their arms, like mine, were starting to ache after three off hours of light stick waving.

But I guess no one was sadder than Mr Lin, because he started crying after awhile. Which led to the heated argument between Sushi Eating Friend and me when we were on the cab for home.


Sushi Eating Friend: I’m telling you for the last time, it was not sissy of JJ to cry ok? Men who dares to cry when the situation calls for it, are Real Men.

Me: Yes, I agree that men shouldn’t be afraid to cry when it’s appropriate. But for goodness’ sake, it was just a concert! And he was bending down and hugging his head and everything!

Sushi Eating Friend: So when was the last time you cried?

Me: . . . . When my mum lied that she threw my 27 year-old pillow out the window.

Sushi Eating Friend: YOU SISSY!


Sushi Eating Friend is not a very fair person. Sigh.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

24 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Nutcracker said…

    27 year old pillow....

    it must really stink... >.<

    hahaha

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 7:42:00 AM, Blogger eileen` said…

    the cotton wool in your 27 yesr old pillow must have decomposed to nothingness. my 13 year old pillow has. -.-

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Blogger The Fig Fairy said…

    Hey... I realised you have not spoken about your feelings about SEF... Have you? Hmmm...

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:25:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    NOW this time i agree with SEF!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said…

    another MIU-looker, ay? welcome to the club siah! so so so...say so much liao, did u or did u not enjoy the concert?!!! do not deny!!! heheheh......

    although i like him a lot, i cannot be induced to squeeze with the terrifying screaming hordes....

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger LemonCloud said…

    It is not just a concert for JJ but a showcase of his hard works in the past years.
    Your thinking of which "circumstances" that a real man can cried is very wrong.

    Crying over pillow is definitely not a manly matter to cry over ;P

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    27 yr old pillow?? *gulp*

    anyway, men in uniform can be a real eye candy for females. Maybe you should wear your uniform (whichever the force is) and take a photo and show her.

    but if you dun look smart in it, forget it. :P

    JJ lin is not a sissy!!!!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Adrenaline: *Gasp!* That never occurred to me before! I think you are right! Or maybe she's bisexual. Heh.

    Nutcracker: I love that musky smell. I sun her once in a while too.

    Eileen: Yup, that's probably what happened to mine too. But still very soft, haha.

    Twinkles: Purely platonic! Platonic!

    Sunflower: You think she's not les too??

    AKK: Yah lah yah lah, I enjoyed myself lah. I was waving my light stick like mad for 3 odd hours, no?

    Lemoncloud: I hereby beg for mercy from all JJ fans for the insolent entry I wrote! Have mercy! Please!

    Spinnee: I think I'll look good in a Sailor Moon outfit. NNnooooootttt!

    Spongy: Don't get corrupted by the evil Adrenaline!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe u can post the poem of JJ lin that u created.. then we can tell you isit funny anot.. keke =P

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    SAILOR MOON!!!!

    I prefer Sailor Mars.. wanna me sponsor u to wear that? :)

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Heh, I still have my baby pillow! And I'd throw quite a fit if anyone dares to throw it away.

    By the way, I can see you have discerning taste. I agree with you, his guest star is so much hotter. You should have left after the guest star was done, then you can avoid the jam later.

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Xia_mi_mi said…

    Aiya..its like that de la..when faced with your idol or some shuai ge, all others will seem to be the most imperfect being on earth. Haha~! =P

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 1:09:00 PM, Blogger Lawrence and Alicia said…

    Does SEF own a blog? If she got 1, I MUST read her blog.. Bet she is great in blogging!!

    She is my new idol now... hahaha..

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 1:47:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Rain: Will do! I still don't understand why she didn't like it :(

    Spinnee: Can, but you must pay me very, very much. Heh.

    Green Ogre: You and I are so going to get flamed by JJ fans.

    XMM: Oh well, that's life I guess. Maybe I should join Singapore Idol next year :)

    Alicia: As usual, Sushi Eating Friend is way popular than me :( Anyway, I don't think she has a blog. I think. Scary!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Blogger nadnut said…

    lol! double standards!

    men in uniform? i like? YUMMMMMMMY!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    sian, i agreed with SEF, you are sissy....

    I dont think she is lesbian!

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    Ok. remember to shave your legs and go dye your hair or something.

    I dun wanna flabby legs and I want nice boobs on your end. so put more oranges or cotton bud, if not, go invest in wonder bra ok!?

    *get ready the sailor mars uniform*

    HAHAHA

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 5:01:00 PM, Blogger pari said…

    You can now add A-Do's picture to your prominent gallery of manly likes. I'm sure that will continue to keep your boss appeased.

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Blogger n'Drea said…

    I juz came across your blog and I think you're funny! haha...

    I know, lame comment but I still think you are. heh...

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    Ay, men got fetish over women's nipples. So do females who have fetish over men's nipples. Sama sama la. hahaha..

    btw, Men in Uniform makes me drooool.. Eh. Not sailormoon one hor.

     
  • At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger The Fig Fairy said…

    Me also like go ogle at men in uniform *slurp* but not men in cold storage or mcdonalds uniform hor ;)

     
  • At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Bochup: Very crever indeed. But the emotional attachment for my pillow is damn hard to break leh :(

    Nadnut: In response to your comment, I posted a full gallery of yummy MIUs.

    Sunflower: I am very manly one! Really!

    Spinnee: I use wonder bra also o use. Too flat leh :(

    Pari: If I really do add A-Do's picture, I think I'll have to go through the whole 'gay' controversy again!

    IC: Don't worry, all comments are welcome. In fact, lame comments are preferred :D!

    Ollie: Men's nipples nice meh?!?!? My one very hairy.

    Twinkles: For your sake, I left out Men In Cold Storage & Mc's Uniform :)

     
  • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger kachuaz said…

    to your last question, i was too far away from the front front seats. lolz. balcony seats actually. haha.

    but the view is still good nonetheless

     
  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:16:00 AM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said…

    I had a guy who habe a 29 year old bloster and he hug it to sleep too.. hm..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home