The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Friday, August 18, 2006

The long and short about The Complaint Letter Part III



For those who have expressed concern about what happened after my Boss email, I have both good and bad news.

The good news is that I’ve not been fired. In fact, I wasn’t even reprimanded.

The bad news is that the no action is probably due to the fact that my Boss is on leave this couple of days.

Being a Man of Action, I have decided not to sit on my ass and whine. Instead, I am taking affirmative action to ensure that my pants won’t catch fire come Monday: the following is a bootlicking heartfelt poem that I’ve written in the grand style of Milton.


“Boss!
Oh Boss!
I have a most wonderful Boss!

His intelligence is comparable to Einstein’s! Because he knows how to fix the spoilt copier!
His foresight is farther than Stamford Raffles’! Because he makes big money at the races!
His jokes are funnier than Rowan Atkinson’s! Because his jokes never fail to make me laugh like an idiot!
His strength is mightier than Arnold Schwarzenegger’s! Because he helped me open that ketchup bottle!
His courage is higher than Jack Dawson’s! Because he has no fear of flying roaches!
His singing is better than Michael Jackson’s! Because he wins karaoke contests really often!
His cooking is tastier than Colonel Sanders’! Because his cooking is really tasty!
His magnamity is greater than Mahatma Gandhi’s! Because he forgives employees who make silly mistakes!
His looks are handsomer than Fei Yu Qing’s! Because my mother told me so!

Boss!
Oh Boss!
I have a most wonderful Boss!”


I thought of emailing him my epic poem, but thought the better of it as it will be a tad too obvious. I’ve thus decided to post it on the other blog instead.

I hope my Boss will read it. So far, I’ve sent two reminder SMS to him already.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

16 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a man of action, who's got too much free time in his hands. Why don't you matchmake your mother and your wonderful boss? The promotion might not be too far off.

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:08:00 AM, Blogger ReneRene said…

    impressed with your talent for such poems

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:18:00 AM, Blogger antisocialfreak said…

    Wahlaueh obviously u're quite free...err, I mean inspired, huh. Anyway, I don't know why, but I think it'd make a good rap. Hmm.

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Aileen: My mum is older than my boss by around a decade. Heh.

    TLL: In fact, I dream of writing full time! Haha.

    ASF: I'm not too sure about the rap thingy, but I'll try, yoyoyo!

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:42:00 AM, Blogger eileen` said…

    "so that it wouldn't be too obvious"?

    my dear boy, by posting it on the other blog and sending not one but TWO smses to remind him to look at it, it's far more obvious than that dreadful pimple scar that i have on my cheek.

    *slaps forehead

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger OLLie said…

    You sure his cooking is better than Colonel Sander's? What if he ask you to eat his cooking for an entire month with no KFC at all? Can survive not?

    oooh.. Is your mom interested in your boss? hahaha..

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Eileen: I just sent the third!

    Ollie: Nay, I was just trying to lift my Boss' balls. Heh. And I will be very, very worried if my mum is interested in my Boss!

    MissJ: I wanted to do Lit! But my diploma offered me limited choices at the local unis. Sibeh sian.

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Hyoga said…

    u never fail to make me laff.
    just, i was fuming over some work issues, i came to your blog. in seconds, I was laffing in front of my monitor n my colleagues were like "WTF?"

    Btw, can u post your pic? ^__^

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Saroette said…

    sian,

    u talented hor? haha.. but u will be sooo happy when ur boss goes "hong gan lah, u" when he reads it lor..

    Think u no chance for promotion ever in this co liao. Spend ur time writting poems like tat... Think ur boss will give u mre work coz u too free liao. hahaha

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 6:16:00 PM, Blogger pj said…

    oh god. haha i look forward to ur boss's response.

    i think u just made it worse.. ;)

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 6:46:00 PM, Blogger aphrodite said…

    *psst* pj: i hope his boss fires him

     
  • At Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    oh boy, this is for you,

    You are as thick skin as xu chun mei. You never fail to impress me on your thickness!

    Try to impress us by your this dumpness talent! please save the last breathe!

     
  • At Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    somehow i do sense sacrasm in your "heartfelt" poem.

     
  • At Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:38:00 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    -_-" i dunno what to comment...

    sometimes it's just best to leave it alone & not overdoing it...;)

     
  • At Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger pari said…

    Really.... you leave me speechless. Just don't pull that complaint letter stunt ever again. Next thing you ought to be worried about is whether your dear big boss will forward that email of yours to Ms Tan for fun.

     
  • At Monday, August 21, 2006 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Hyoga: Muahaha! I hope your colleagues are not thinking you are siao or something! Thanks for enjoying my crap, and I think I shall spare you the agony of watching the remains of your half-digested previous meal by not posting my fugly pics :)

    Saroette: I wrote it after office hours! Serious! I was too busy playing Spider Solitaire before that, heh ;)

    PJ + Aphrodite: You people are evil!

    Sunflower: That Xu Chun Mei scares me I tell you. Nobody should be that thin!

    JJ: It was heartfelt. As in, heartfelt sarcasm. Heh ;)

    Spinnee: I just wanted to make him happy bu telling him know how much I respect and admire him, serious!

    Pari: If that happens, I will be very, very deep shit indeed. I better start composing a 'I Love Ms Tan' poem soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home