The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Friday, May 26, 2006

The long and short about The French Affair Part III



I am finally back in the office after two days’ worth of standing around and looking pretty working at the Shangri La exhibition. Besides helping Mr French, I also helped myself to many, many sticks of free satay. Heh.

Anyway, I discovered that ang mos can be very kiasu too. Besides jostling with me in the long satay queue and the lunch buffets, they also helped themselves freely to the free pens that I was helping Mr French distribute. The ang mos manning the opposite booth were practically gazing at my pens like they were bra catalogues or something. To make matters worse, I was the only person manning the booth because Mr French was busy mingling with visiting dignitaries.

But I must say my neighbors are wonderful parents. Every time they took my pens, they will say “These are for my kids” without me asking anything. Rrrriigghhtttt.

Being a selfless person of impeccable integrity, I knew I had to do something about my rapidly diminishing supply of pens. For goodness’ sake, these pens are distributed to spread the brand of Mr French’s company to potential customers, not to adorn the kindergartens of my neighbors’ kids. I was utterly appalled by the obvious show of selfishness. Besides, I wanted to bring one pen for my mum, one for Sushi Eating Friend, one for myself and even one for Nerd because they are really quite nice looking pens.

Things came to a head when I caught them sneaking away with another two pens while I was returning from the loo. That was the last straw on this camel’s back, and I knew Something has to be done. Even though the shortest among them was still at least a head taller than me, I puffed up my chest and set myself up for a big confrontation with those burly ang mos. By hook, crook or limb, I was going to get my pens back.


Me: . . . . Eh. . . . .

Ang Mo: Hi! How may I help you?

Me: Oh, eh. . . . Lunch was very delicious!

Ang Mo: Oh yeah, very delicious indeed!

Me: Haha, very, very delicious! *Retreats back to the comfort of my booth*


I have the backbone of a jellyfish.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

P.S. Anyway, no relations to the previous entry, but I went to Tangs after dinner to get new undies because they were having a sale. And what do you know? Nerd was shopping there too. We then proceeded to discuss the virtues of boxers vs briefs, and dark-colored vs light-colored. Midway through our discussion, we saw Office Bimbo who was there with her SLK Driving Boyfriend. She stared at us while we were holding a pair of Calvin Kleins, and she looked very, very disturbed.

8 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    frankly, i dont expect anything more from you.

    and i thot the conversation wif the ang mo ended well. I had expected you to end up apologising for stepping into their zone.

    As for you and Nerd, what can i say? I'll juz wait for the Singapore version of Brokeback mountain.

     
  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 1:06:00 PM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Next time you have free satay, you must call me. Then i will like you very much as a friend.

    I think you and Nerd could be long lost brothers.

    And so, are you boxers or briefs?

     
  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Adrenaline: Me thinks the conversation ended quite well too! Heh.

    Green Ogre: Definitely briefs. Oh, you must be a trade visitor to enjoy the said free satays ;)

     
  • At Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:00:00 AM, Blogger OLLie said…

    Eh, the office bimbo is stalking you ar? Or is it that you and Nerd are stalking her?

     
  • At Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    FYI:Office Bimbo is a spy sent by Ms Tan...hee

     
  • At Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    I think in time to come, as much as she seems disturbed now, she might be you and Nerd's 姐妹. You know, like sisters forever, man!! Guys suck!! thing.

    You know how relaxed and at ease girls usually are when they are around you guys. It takes time for her to see the good in you guys.

    I think the boyfriend must prepare for a heartbreak.

     
  • At Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Spongy: Very, very wrong indeed.

    Ollie: Maybe she's interested in me. Ha ha.

    WinterC: Now that is a very, very scary thought!

    Zhe Bin: But I is guy leh! How can I be 姐妹?!?!

     
  • At Monday, January 14, 2008 11:49:00 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said…

    Sibeh Suay... If I bump into a similiar situation I'll be the one spreading the juicy news...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home