The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The long and short about The Night I Went Pubbing



I have no idea why, but the people in the office have been giving me funny looks the past two days. Maybe the Olay is finally working its miracles on me :)

Anyway, I learnt from the movies that people always go for drinks to get over a broken heart. Since Nerd was still sian following about his blotched birthday celebration with Heartless Girl, I decided to go drown the sorrows with him on Saturday night. We went to this pub near Tanjong Pagar at the recommendation of Sushi Eating Friend.

It was an eye-opener for me because I’ve never been to a pub before. I always thought pubs will be infested with hot and scantily clad babes, but I think that must have been a misconception because there was not a single female in there. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. Maybe Channel 5 was showing something interesting that night.

There were a lot of guys with big muscles dressed in tight singlets though. I think they were inappropriately dressed because the aircon was way too cold. I guess that was why they have to sit really, really close to each other.

We took a look at the drinks list and were confused immediately because it all sounded very foreign. The staff wasn’t very helpful either. I asked the bartender whether if the SnowBall taste good, and he just looked at me weirdly and replied, “Very, very good.” After some serious consideration, Nerd and I decided that we were not comfortable with swallowing anything unfamiliar, so we ended up ordering Ribena and two bowls of nuts.

Despite the initial hiccups, it was really fun chatting with Nerd. We spent most of the time talking about the women in our life the lack of women in our life, and bitched about Ms Tan like there’s no tomorrow. I must add that Nerd is very kaypoh. He has been with us for only two weeks, but managed to dig up gossips that even I haven’t heard of, such as how Ms Tan was on the verge on getting married a few years ago before abruptly calling the whole thing off. She has not dated since.

It was great fun, but we decided to call it a night because Big Walk was on the following day, and because we were too cheapo to replenish our over-priced Ribena. Nerd was also complaining about how all the toilet cubicles were occupied, with the users taking a damn long time.

We happened to bump into Office Bimbo just outside the pub. She took a look at us, took a look at the neon signboard, and hurried away without saying hi. I don’t know why, but she looked very, very disturbed.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

12 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said…

    hahaa.. so gay..

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    Is it called 69?? Tats a gay pub..My girl-friend and i went to check out a place for hangout before and went into this bar...after looking at all the guys in tight sleeveless we also find it weird tat there were no ladies in view...so we quickly went out, and true enough haha cause they also stared at us funnily...lol

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Happy in Singapore said…

    Hey, I am starting to think ... erm... that you are just making this up... Hahaha...

    If not, I will say, Office Bimbo is stalking the two of you...

    And congrats, you know where all the gay pubs are in Singapore (which is hard to find) and dunno what GLBT is , eh ?

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    fwah, now u and nerd are really brothers liao leh. plan on taking a step further?

    if u would like a threesome, u can jio g**en og*e. He is quite gay also.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Spongy: I think it's Fate.

    JasChoc: Argh!! Which part??

    WinterC: I try my best not to name the places I've been to. Heh. Anyway, I have no idea why Sushi Eating Friend recommended me that place.

    HIS: Indeed, this blog is all imaginery. In fact, this blog doesn't even exist: it's but a fragment of your imagination. Now will you please tell me what the hell is GLBT?!?!

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Adrenaline: A step further your head lah a step further.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:44:00 AM, Blogger OLLie said…

    Sibeh Sian!! You are making me crack my ribs laughing hysterically early in the morn when I'm supposed to be still in bed sleeping away.

    Hais. You better stop listening to Sushi Eating Friend la. Next time it won't be just a pub le. haha

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:14:00 AM, Blogger lambchop said…

    your blog is brilliant!! i love your stories ;)

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Haha. I invite you and Nerd to this little oyster bar near the old Police Academy. It's quite secluded, I mean quiet, surrounded by lots of greenery. As bait, I mean incentive, I'll bring along some girls who's mama-san is Adrenaline.

    We'll all have a such a gay, I mean happy, time that you won't be able to even sit without thinking about the fun we've had. We'll have an ass, I mean whale of a time.

    And you can take many nice pictures to put up on your blog. Hell, you could even video the whole sassion. Grins.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Ollie: Being the trusting friend I am, I always get fooled by the Sushi Eating Friend. I hope she will change her ways one day.

    Lambchops: Thank you, thank you very, very much! I like honest people like you!

    Green Ogre: Does the oyster bar serves oysters?

     
  • At Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Oh yes it does. Oysters and more. You like slurping at oysters? Grins.

     
  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said…

    hur hur...cham liao...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home