The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Monday, May 22, 2006

The long and short about Me & My Nerdy Intern Part III



The Nerd is damn jialat. He has been making a lot of mistakes at work, and has been getting whacked left, right and centre by Ms Tan. I feel really bad for him because I know exactly how bad it feels to get whacked left, right and centre by Ms Tan.

Being the concerned supervisor I am, I wanted to have a pep talk with him, but I was too busy with Minesweeper serious work recently. I must also admit that I was still a bit miffed with him for scaring me the previous night. But just before I was about to make my way home last Friday, I knew I had to do something when I saw Nerd sobbing in front of the computer.

We had a heart-to-heart talk, and Nerd has a sad story to tell.

Remember him asking me for an early off last Monday? It turns out that that was his birthday. His date was this uni classmate whom he had a crush on for the longest time, and who promised to celebrate his birthday with him after he helped her with her projects and exam revisions. So Nerd spent two odd hours waiting at Jack’s Place before receiving an SMS saying that she’s not feeling well.

Then he received another SMS awhile later that goes, “I’ve chased away that irritating bug already hee hee :) See ya at NYDC. Luv luv, your sweetie ^-^!”

No wonder he has been looking even more sian than me for the past week. Again, I know exactly how he felt because similar sorts of heartbreak happened to me way back when I was in secondary school. For example, there was once when I wrote a love poem to my crush, who responded by getting her ah lian friends to give me a stern and unforgettable warning at the school loo. Male toilet some more.

So I told Nerd about my own sob stories, and we shared a good tear or two. We came to the common conclusion that some girls are just not worth it, and resolve that we shall henceforth not be toyed around by women anymore. We were also very happy to find kindred spirits in each other, and proceeded to give each other a hug to cement our new found ‘buddy’ status.

Office Bimbo caught us in the middle of our brotherly hug when she passed by our cubicle. She looked very, very disturbed.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

12 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 5:16:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    aww.. shared a brotherly hug. I think Office Bimbo must have known that it's a brotherly hug and nothing more.. Eh. I hope? :D

     
  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Happy in Singapore said…

    Aww... Hug Hug...

    Thought you guys had the talk while having coffee.. In the office ? Hahaha.

     
  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Ollie: I seriously doubt Office Bimbo thought of that as brotherly. Sibeh sian.

    HIS: Fate so decrees that we share adjacent cubicles.

    Spongy: I do too. I thought such things only happen to me.

     
  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger pj said…

    hug....
    u sure he didn't try to feel u up?

    maybe after failing with females..

    but eh, really poor thing ley.

    and u know.. the 2nd sms was on purpose.

    poor nerd. :(

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    Nerd so poor thing. Sounds like one of my friends named Barney.

    If u're not so ngiao and had called me a male, i would have offered to intro nerd girls to the both of u.

    too bad.

    btw, is that why u guys went clubbing together?

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    I feel for Nerd, I really do. Though it must be said that he could use this experience as a ctalyst for change. He could become Nerd-No-More. All he needs to do is hang out with the right clique and believe me, life on the social front will start looking up.

    For more information on how to change your life, please sign on for the Green Ogre Life Changing Experience. Basic courses begin at $1688.00.

    Believe me, it'll be worth it. Your life will be changed or your money back.

    (You'll be broke, and I'll be rich.)

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:39:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    PJ: Nerd actually forwarded the SMS back to her, but she didn't reply. Sian.

    Adrenaline: Come on, there's no way of me knowing whether if you are male or female on the internet k? For all you know, I may be female. Heh. Oh, please send me the pics of your nerdy gfs. I thank you on behalf of Nerd :)

    Green Ogre: Your basic course is sibeh, sibeh expensive.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Hey, it's also sibeh sibeh proven. Who do you think I am, just plucking figures from the air?

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:51:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Green Ogre: Heh. Heh. Heh.

     
  • At Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    Hmm.. First hug. Then..? *shudders*

     
  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said…

    be more man, hug more flamboyantly with lotsa huge pats, then won't look so gay.

     
  • At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Zhe Bin: After the hug we went to pack our bags for home :)

    AKK: The hug pats sound painful sia!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home