The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The long and short about How I Got More Manly Over The Weekend



Maybe it’s my biological clock ticking, but I’ve been bugging Sushi Eating Friend on how I can improve my chances with girls. I know she is not a very nice friend when she replied “You can start by stop bugging friends on how you can improve your chances with girls.”

Wise-ass remarks aside, she did give a piece of advice that made a lot of sense: I should try to be more ‘man’. So I spent the past week surfing on products that can make me more ‘man’. It wasn’t long before I got the following list:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Man, I’m born to perform!


Just in case you are Adrenaline perverted, the site has got nothing to do with sex. Rather, it’s an online shop that sells body-building products such as body-building products. While this is definitely very manly, it also involves many painful trips to the gym and yucky protein drinks, so I’ll give it a miss.


Then I found another manly product:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My name is Belle, but I’m masculine

The description from the website says it all: A pleasant and beguiling scent for men, manly and delicious without being too perfumed. For the lumberjack man in all of us. Sounds tempting, but I decided to give this a miss too because from what I heard, eating soap is bad for health, even if it is delicious.


I was about to give up hope until I found this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am so full of attitude

The G-Shock Frogman is really, really cool. It runs on a Tough Solar cell which means I’ll never have to change battery, has a power reserve that last up to two years on a full charge, and has the trademark G-Shock shock resistance. Despite the red straps, it looks damn manly as well.

I ended up blowing a major part of my Progree Package on it, and showed off to Sushi Eating Friend on Saturday. After explaining to her about the fanciful dive functions such as multi dive site data and 200m Diver’s resistance, I know she is not a very nice friend when she replied “For goodness’ sake, you can’t even swim.”

I have no idea why I’m still friends with Sushi Eating Friend.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

9 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 2:59:00 AM, Blogger potpourri said…

    Oh SS, you don't have to do all that... Just be yourself.

    If the right girl comes along, she'll love you for who you are - sans muscles, bulging biceps and swanky G-shock watch...

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    u can't even swim ah?? kaoz. how do u intend to be more man then? imagine u chance upon a drowning girl (which is cute and is wearing her bikini) and u can't even save her; u'll probably watch her go down instead.

    also, if u want to have chest muscles, y dun u do it the way A-cup girls do it? stuff your bra with tissue paper. but of cos, u muz first invest in a bra lah.

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Have you ever wondered if Sushi Eating Friend rolls her eyes, she's also thinking the exact same thing? "Somebody tell me why I'm still friends with him?"

    We all need friends like that to drive us mad. :)

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    How abt Sushi eating friend?. Since you guys always go out together...maybe a spark? Maybe she is the one.:)

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    Never mind lah you don't have to swim to own that watch. Neither do you have to be a great manly guy for others to be friends with you (see, it's happening).

    Anyway, I can't tread water for nuts. Once I jump into the water I just swim. I cannot afford to stop cos I can't tread LOL. So, it's okay lah. Don't be too hard on yourself.

    Oh, and I can't cycle as well. I know I know. I don't understand why myself.

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 1:05:00 PM, Blogger OLLie said…

    You cant swim? I thought NS would force you to learn how to swim?

    But it's alright la. G-Shock is for you to drop it for countless times such that you can pick it up and say "See? I bought G-Shock to tahan shocks. Not to dive."

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Lakeside Girl: The sad problem is I've waited too long for the 'right girl' to appear already. I reckon if I want to hasten that process, I must try to be a 'right man' too.

    Adrenaline: For the sake for the drowning girl in bikini, I resolve to learn swimming.

    Green Ogre: You are spot on. Sushi Eating Friend says that all the time. Heh.

    WinterC: There's a lot list of why I can never make it with Sushi Eating Friend. Maybe more of that next time.

    Zhe Bin: My goodness! I can't cycle either! The two of us have much more in common that I thought.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:43:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Heh.

     
  • At Monday, April 02, 2007 2:18:00 AM, Blogger :) said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home