The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The long and short about I Am A Changed Man



I discovered another key reason why I’ve been gaining weight lately.

Ever since I joined the company, I have been getting my lunch from the Chinese cooked food stall everyday without fail. As such, I have attained the Most Favored Eater status with the stall auntie, who rewards my loyalty with extra rice, extra veggies, and extra meatballs. Which accounts for the extra kilos when I place myself on the weighing machine.


“Don’t you get sick of eating the same stuff over and over again?” asked Office Bimbo when I returned to the table with yet another mountainous plate of rice. “Even if you like the stall that much, you can vary the dishes you know?”

“But I like my tofu-potato-meatballs combo!” I am a change-resistant kind of guy.

“Oh well, I should have known.” said Office Bimbo with a flick of her hair and a roll of her eyes. “No wonder you are never a hit with girls.”


I hate to admit this, but Office Bimbo is right. If you haven’t already noticed, I am a boring-as-hell kind of guy whose idea of fun is to spend the weekend in front of the TV with cola on my left and chips on the right. I once went on a date with a uni classmate, who terminated it prematurely by saying she needs to rush home to charge her handphone battery. I suspect the real reason was because I spent too much time talking about how fun Chinese Chess can be.

“What you need to do is to introduce some variety in your life.” Office Bimbo was unusually generous with her advice recently. “Add some spice and bring out the animal in you. Girls will come flocking, I tell you.”


I thought long and hard about her words, and again, I had to concede that Office Bimbo made a lot of sense. From what I learn from TV and female magazines, girls do like guys with that certain edge. And again, in line with my Man of Action Resolution, I made my move today at the canteen.


“Hello 小弟! You want your tofu-potato-meatballs combo right?” Auntie was always very happy to see me come lunch time.

“Eh, not today, haha. . . .”

“Huh?!?!?! Then what to you want to eat?”


I took a deep breath.


“Instead of my tofu-potato-meatballs combo, I would like to have a tofu-potato-meatballs combo with extra gravy please.”


I am a changed man :)

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

24 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home