The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The long and short about That Sucky Piece of Chicken



I have a very, very sad piece of news for everyone today: The new KFC O.R. Chicken Chop sucks big time. And I don’t mean that in a good way.

To their credit, I think the marketing team did a superb job with the O.R. chicken print ad. When I saw that big juicy piece of chicken coated with delightful looking mushroom sauce on a poster last week, I told myself I must get my teeth on that wonderful looking thing come what may.

Alas, great expectations are usually accompanied with great disappointments. In fact, ‘disappointment’ is an understatement because the O.R. Chicken Chop sucks so much, I’m considering boycotting KFC for an indefinite period of time. Now that is a big deal for me, considering how much I adore KFC.

Anyway, here’s a blow-by-blow review of why the O.R. Chicken Chop sucks:


1) The Price:
My date with O.R. started on a wrong footing when I learnt at the ordering counter that the damn meal cost a whopping $5.95. Considering that I can get a two-piece meal with two sides and a drink at that price, this chicken chop thingy better be worth my money.

2) The Size:
The size of the chicken chop is in inverse proportion with its container, which was large. I reckoned it’s probably the same size as the chicken patty you get in a Zinger. Tamade.

3) The Sauce:
The ‘specially-made mushroom gravy’, as claimed by KFC, tasted suspiciously similar to the whipped potato gravy. I took a few more bites before I discovered my error. Silly me, it’s not whipped potato gravy. It’s whipped potato gravy with chopped button mushrooms. Heh.

4) The Chicken Chop:
I felt like I was eating a piece of supersized nugget that was deep-fried twice over. Or maybe thrice. Or maybe many many many times over.


I could go on and on about how bad it is, but really, words are not enough to describe my disdain and disgust. In fact, it being so indescribably bad, I suggest everyone go try a piece of the very sucky O.R. Chicken Chop, just to discover for yourself how sucky it is.

But I guess it’s just as well. In view of my coming career as a model/actor, I really should start watching my weight.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

16 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    I've tried the O.R. Chicken Chop too, and sian, sadly i agree with you that it sucks big time. Should have borrowed my brother's ez link card and ordered Zinger student meal instead. =X

    Btw Sian, you are always saying that you have to watch your diet but you dont seemed to have made any improvements, do you?

    KFC still rock though and they are still my desired fast food restuarant! =D

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 4:23:00 AM, Blogger The Rational Neurotic said…

    I think it's a zinger (sans spice) with whipped photo gravy... I mean, haven't we all learnt from the shrooms burger lesson?

    KFC - listen... next time come up with a NEW thing, not throw a couple of things and turn it up as new. Waste of advertising money~!

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    ToTo aunt tried it, commented not nice. Personally, I have not tried. Well, since so many of you said not nice, I will not take the risk.

    JJ - forget about Sian is watching his diet. He is damn fat now. Just got to know his 29" waist line is a forgotten past. Wonder I see another Mosses Lim in near future!

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 9:20:00 AM, Blogger LemonCloud said…

    I find it too salty but it is very tender. Still it is too expensive and I won't be eating it a second time.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    I actually wanted to try it. Now I think I shall save my money and get the usual chicken instead.

    And in reference to what Sunflower mentioned, i can still fit in to my size 29 pants. Haha.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    By the way, the title of the post somewhat erotic or maybe because that's just my twisted mind. :P

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Old Beng said…

    $5.95!!!!!

    Think will just go there and smell

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Lawrence and Alicia said…

    I think I m the weird one out, I actually like it leh... :X

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't eat kfc, its fattening. eat ba chor mee, best choice. just remember not to leave out any details when ordering.

     
  • At Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:23:00 AM, Blogger potpourri said…

    Ooh are you sure it's not a devilish ploy to get all of us to eat the Chicken Chop?

    You sneaky one.

     
  • At Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger pari said…

    Aiyoh... you're as crazy over KFC as I'm crazy over erm... Hmmmm....

    You're just obsessed. Hee hee!

    But seriously, even they don't make Original KFC like they used to. It's drier and smaller. Or I'm not going to the right places. Mr pro KFC man, please tell me where I can find great tasting juicy original KFC chicken in Singapore.

     
  • At Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Bochup: Oh yes, I have many, many flings with Mos Burger. I even celebrate a Mos Burger Day every month! No joke :)!

    JJ: I am really trying very hard! But those damn chickens are just so irresistable!

    Rational Neurotic: Exactly. I feel so cheated! Maybe I should write a complaint letter or something.

    Sunflower: My jeans are all sibeh tight now :( I need a diet!

    LemonCloud: No way am I going to eat it for a second time too. Unless got treat, heh.

    Green Ogre: Ah boy, yOu have a very, very twisted mind.

    LMG: VERY TRUE!!!! Lucky they never call it Chicken n Chips sia. Muahaha :D!

     
  • At Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Old Beng: The smell is very deceptive becasue all you will smell is the nice nice usual chicken smell!

    PlatformShoes: The one at AMK S11 is Rasa Sayang! Damn famous, and very nice. Will go try the Mega Meals you recommended ;)

    Alicia: Iam very, very happy for you :)

    CCW: I don't like ba chor mee leh. Hor fun nicer :)

    Lakeside Girl: I swear! I'm not! I'm a good boy :)!

    Pari: Oei, I think someone also devoted one entire entry to her Ben & Jerry's before?!??! Heh. Anyway, the one at Toa Payoh is good, due to the high turnover I think. Be prepared to wait during weekends though :P

     
  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:13:00 AM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    My deepest condolences. = D

     
  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Jaschocolate said…

    Too bad.. you should ask us before u try it.. :p Lucky i never buy since my bro told me it sucks.. heheee

     
  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Zhe Bin: Indeed. May the sucky OR rest in peace.

    JasChoc: Since I've helped you save the $5.95, would you be as kind as to contribute part of it to the Make Sibeh Sian Sibeh Rich fund :)?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home