The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The long and short about How To Get Successful Through Your Blog



It’s tough being bloggers these days. Imagine this: you could wake up one morning to find yourself out of work, sued off your pants, or polishing bars in jail simply because you wrote about your boss’ smelly armpits or something. This is one scary world that we are living in.

But have no fear! Like what the wise would say, there is always a silver lining after a storm, and what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. I used to think the wise are bullshitting until I experienced their wisdom myself. After that initial scare with Office Bimbo, I not only managed to circumvent the situation with my decoy blog, but also discovered that it could possibly be the solution to my problem of getting perpetually overlooked during the bonus period.

Yes people. Instead of getting into trouble at work for what you write in your blog, get promoted instead.

Henceforth, I am going to write about how wonderful my co-workers are, how charismatic they sound when they order char kway teow, and how gorgeous my Boss looks while scratching his balls when he thought no one is watching. I will stop bitching about the overtimes, stop bitching about the backstabbing, and start talking about how much I love meetings. And I will make sure the whole office knows about it.

So I sent an email to the entire office this afternoon:


“Hello everyone :D!

I am very happy to announce here that I have started a blog at http://happyofficeboy.blogspot.com. I started this blog because I love the company so much, I absolutely have to tell the whole word about it :D!

Please visit my blog often! It is very funny! And interesting! You people are the most wonderful people I know, and I love you all :)

See ya!
Sibeh “Happy Office Boy” Sian :)”


Being a Man of Action, I followed up my email with lots of “Have you read my blog :) ?” whenever I bump into my colleagues. I have no idea why, but they all ignored me. Then I asked my Boss to “Please leave a comment ok?”, and he had to rudely reply with a “Leave a comment your hong gan head lah leave a comment!”

You may be vulgar, but I want to let you know that I still love you Boss :)

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

22 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home