The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The long and short about Singapore’s Next Top Model Part II



After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided to give the modeling job a miss. This is due in no small part to the disparaging remarks from friends and loved ones:


Adrenaline: You know you can never make it as a model. Really. I speak for all that have seen u in person before.

Sunflower: If you can be model, pig can climb tree.

Sushi Eating Friend: The chances of me growing balls are higher.

My Mum: Don’t lah, wait they ask you to pose in swimwear then how?


So I made up my mind, and what could have been a glamorous career filled with camera flashes and sex with really good looking people ended before it had even began. I really thought that was the end of the whole affair, until I got a call this afternoon.


Talent Scout: Really, Mr Sian, it would be a terrible waste if you let go of this golden opportunity. To be frank, I was convinced that I found the New Look of the year when I chanced upon you last week.

Talent Scout: In fact, I’ve spoke with my boss. Even though the official closing date is over, we have reserved a place in the coming modeling course just for you. We will also offer the course at a special rate of $888, with a free make-up box thrown in.

Me: Wah, you guys are really generous! Haha. But I’ve already made up my mind over the weekend. I’m sure you can find someone else who is as hamsen as me.

Talent Scout: Hmmm. . . this is really tough. As we have already reserved a place for you, it’s going to be difficult finding a replacement. Do you have any friends whom you think might be suitable for this job?


Half an hour later, I received a SMS from a very excited Nerd that goes, “Mr Sian! I am going to be a model soon!”

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home