The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The long and short about Singapore’s Next Top Model Part II



After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided to give the modeling job a miss. This is due in no small part to the disparaging remarks from friends and loved ones:


Adrenaline: You know you can never make it as a model. Really. I speak for all that have seen u in person before.

Sunflower: If you can be model, pig can climb tree.

Sushi Eating Friend: The chances of me growing balls are higher.

My Mum: Don’t lah, wait they ask you to pose in swimwear then how?


So I made up my mind, and what could have been a glamorous career filled with camera flashes and sex with really good looking people ended before it had even began. I really thought that was the end of the whole affair, until I got a call this afternoon.


Talent Scout: Really, Mr Sian, it would be a terrible waste if you let go of this golden opportunity. To be frank, I was convinced that I found the New Look of the year when I chanced upon you last week.

Talent Scout: In fact, I’ve spoke with my boss. Even though the official closing date is over, we have reserved a place in the coming modeling course just for you. We will also offer the course at a special rate of $888, with a free make-up box thrown in.

Me: Wah, you guys are really generous! Haha. But I’ve already made up my mind over the weekend. I’m sure you can find someone else who is as hamsen as me.

Talent Scout: Hmmm. . . this is really tough. As we have already reserved a place for you, it’s going to be difficult finding a replacement. Do you have any friends whom you think might be suitable for this job?


Half an hour later, I received a SMS from a very excited Nerd that goes, “Mr Sian! I am going to be a model soon!”

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

16 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    You're a terrible friend! Bad kharma will fall upon you. e.g. your balls will get kicked until they're so swollen, you'd think you'd stuff your socks inside your underwear.

    hahah.

    but hor, really lah, dun do this to Nerd. He's not you. He deserves good treatment.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    Sian, you made up the last part right?

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Bochup: Sensible people have been known to make the most insensible of decisions some times ;) Anyway, he was begging me to pass him the agent's contact when we met over the weekend. Serious!

    Adrenaline: But I was just trying to be nice.

    JJ: Wrong. Everything is made up! Muahaha!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:10:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    Boy we said that is for your own good!

    How can you give then Nerb number or pass Nerb this "golden" opportunity?

    I need to send you a rehab program, $1699. Trainer is me and Adrenaline. Payment by cash only, TKVM.

    P/S: Adrenaline, I got a big ang pao for you. I ask Sian to pass you the money and keep my share as your wedding gift... :P

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Blogger klayhead said…

    haha.. is this for real?

    really entertaining reading your posts.. think we have one thing in common, we blog during office hours in office..muahahaa

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Do you think Nerd will want my Ogre's "Make It In Life And With Lots Of Girls Special Course"?

    Only S$1688.00 leh. You get commission of course.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Lawrence and Alicia said…

    lucky is all made up.. kok ur head! keke..

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Blogger Thiang! said…

    Poor Nerd.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Old Beng said…

    No eyes see!!!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger Ang Gu Gu said…

    lol..terrible lar..say ppl..but i like..HAHAHA

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Sunflower: Exactly. I think I am a very good friend for giving up my golden opportunity to Nerd too. I hope he will not forget me when he gets richer and famous :)

    HOK: Actually, I have been blogging at home recently because Office Bimbo is still keeping a close watch at my PC these days. Sian.

    Green Ogre: I'll like a sample session and a glimpse of the 'lots of girls' please!

    LMG: Please, the course is not for everyone! Got age limit, heh.

    Alicia: I sometimes think luck is all made up too!

    Spinnee: Damn, you make me sound like a pimp ;)

    Saltpop: He will be rich after this :)!

    Old Beng: Wear specs, it helps. Heh.

    AGG: I see you are every bit as evil as I am. Nice.

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger pj said…

    ok i offer modelling contract too..

    i promise lots of airtime, in orchard road, just all for the price of

    USD 999.99 ( I offer currency drawdown for u and nerd.)

    Package only for one. If both of u sign up at the same time, I'll cut special discount at 998.99 each.

    ok? ;)

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    PJ: Sounds like a plan. Does your package cover neo print makeover shots too :)?

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:20:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    umm can also if u want, but my package covers model portfolio too.

    its just a basic package lah.

    pls. 998 USD cannot get professional photographer. :)

    so how? want anot? good package right?

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    note: after taking ur portfolio, u can keep the disposable camera if u want.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    PJ: Disposable?!??! Wah sian. I was just about to sign on the dotted line sia.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home