The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The long and short about That Sucky Restaurant



After some soul-searching, I realized that Nerd is probably the biggest reason why I got promoted. I thus decided to treat him to a nicer place for dinner instead of KFC. We ended up at this new eatery at Citylink Mall call New York New York, which looks really swanky with the nice décor and all.

Big mistake.

The place sucked so much I just have to bitch about my terrible experience:


1) The Milkshake Sucked
I knew something was terribly wrong when our first order, the Double Chocolate Shake arrived. Really, I’m committing travesty by calling that terrible concoction a milkshake. It’s part lumpy, overly watery, and totally lacked the rich texture and flavor that good milkshakes are supposed to have. If you want a good one, go for the chocolate milkshake offered by Billy Bomber’s. It’s one of the closest things to heaven on earth I swear. At $6.50, it’s 40 cents cheaper that the Double Chocolate Shit at NYNY too. Heh.

2) The Appetizer Sucked
With the wonderful memory of the delightful fried mushrooms offered at Manhattan Fish Market still fresh in my mind, I decided to give the version offered by NYNY a try. After sinking my teeth into one, I decided that the name ‘Crunchy Mushrooms’ was a big misnomer. And not only was it not crunchy, it also lacked the juiciness and flavor of fried mushrooms. A big disappointment.

3) The Fish Sucked
Nerd ordered a Tagliatelle Alfredo, which is really a fanciful name for pasta with cream and fish. And the fish was terrible. I reckon it must have spent hours in the deep fryer because it looked burnt and was so tough, I could hardly taste any fish. And the pasta was too creamy. Fail.

4) The Specialty Sucked
Perhaps I have been too demanding. Perhaps they have a legitimate right to serve sucky milkshakes, mushrooms, and fish because after all, they are foremost a burger place. I thus find it unforgivable that their Juicy Burger Supreme failed to make the grade too. To be fair, the buns, which came with just the right amount of toast, were good. But the steak! The steak!!!! It was over done, and was devoid of any juiciness and flavor. To their credit, the portion was generous, though that redeeming feature was lost on me as I left a tenth of the not-juicy-at-all Juicy Burger untouched.

5) The Desserts Could Have Sucked
Following the horrible drinks, appetizers and main courses, I couldn’t bring myself to order any desserts. But going by the logic of guilty by association, I reckon it would have sucked mightily too.

6) The Condiment Containers Sucked
They placed ketchup in what should have been a mustard dispenser! And chili in what should have been a ketchup dispenser!

7) The Pool Table Sucked
I don’t know how to play pool.


The place sucked so much, I urge everyone to give that place a try just to experience for yourself how sucky it is.

I really, really should have eaten at KFC. Would have been must cheaper too. Walau.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

21 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:10:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    Laugh Out Loud !

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:16:00 AM, Blogger Jj said…

    Sian, remember to thank your boss for his 'foolish mistake' on your the other blog! ;)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:17:00 AM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    who ask u, backside itchy?

    u shd hv juz stuck to the love of your life.

    but frankly, one of the best milkshakes is served at Hard Rock Cafe. Really yummy.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    I always wanted to try but the queue....haaaaiiiii

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Blogger pj said…

    excellent! i was passing by one day and got sucked in by the crowd, but had no time to try..

    i won't be stepping in there now for sure!

    but yeah, billy bombers rule.

    Nacho and jalepeno peppers~ are best friends. :D

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    JJ: Yes yes, in fact am planning an adoring entry just for him. Heh.

    Adrenaline: I wanted to be nicer to Nerd what :( BTW I give you ang bao this saturday hor :D!

    MissJ: Issit? Heh ;)

    Sunflower: Since it was a weekday evening, the queue was ok. To their credit, the decor is really nice, no? But the food! Oh, the food....

    PJ: Billy Bombers rule big time ;) BTW they are having this 11th anniversary promo, and are giving away $11 vouchers to diners. No bad wor!

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:07:00 AM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said…

    Thanks for informing me SBS, i almost wanted to try that place 'cuz being a typical singaporean, i thot it's good 'cuz got long q all the time!

    anyway, what a way to celebrate your promotion. are you hinting us your coming days going to suck like ur food? :)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    I have to agree with Adrenaline. The best chocolate milkshake is from Hard Rock Cafe. And the best blueberry shake is from this deli and Tanglin Shopping Centre. Their sandwiches are good too. I go down there whenever i don't want a heavy lunch. You buy me, I bring you there. On?

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger the Queen said…

    hi sibehsian

    i wanted to go eat at NYNY and now you just discouraged me from going in. really that bad arh? no redeeming points? :\

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Spinnee: Yes, I got conned because of the sibeh long queue I saw over the weekend too. And CHOY! My days are not gonna suck!

    Spongy: Go to Billy Bombers instead! You won't regret it!

    Green Ogre: Beign a big fan of milkshake, will definitely give HRC a try. And, haha. I'm 'on' for the free blueberry milkshake you are so nicely treating me :D

    RazzleDazzled: Maybe the other stuff taste nice, but I'm not gonna risk my precious $$ again. Heh. You try and tell me if the other stuff nice k :D?

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    i want best denki vouchers :P

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger tstar said…

    were you so traumatised by the restaurant that it affected your grammer and spelling? =P

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:41:00 PM, Blogger aphrodite said…

    sibeh sian. you are the the sweetest. thank you for the warning in advance.

    i was thinking of trying NYNY someday, but now...

    a penny saved, is a penny earned. \o/

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:04:00 PM, Blogger SeaLs said…

    Talking about food, I laughed till I teared when I read about your boss' FUCK at the guard's logbook!

    I'm gonna share this with my colleagues tmrw.... LOL

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Adrenaline: But I bought the chess set already!

    Tstar: Indeed, it effected me bad!

    Aphrodite: Ah! Would you be as nice as to donate that saved penny to the Sibeh Sian Charity Fund :)?

    SYL: Muahahah! I have very weird colleagues indeed. Glad it made you laugh :)

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:43:00 AM, Blogger ReneRene said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger ReneRene said…

    Went to citylink tonight..almost went into that NYNY place for dinner. Lucky I didn't then, if its as bad as you said!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger LemonCloud said…

    If you have counseled me, I would have suggested Changing Appetite, C.A. I think their food is delicious and not too expensive..

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger aphrodite said…

    sure, with pleasure!










    in your dreams.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger The Fig Fairy said…

    Hey, I passed by the restaurant today... Wonder how will they react if they know of your comments here... Will they like offer you free food or something like that? If the answer is yes... Hmm...*prepares to send anonymous email to nyny restaurant*...

     
  • At Friday, August 25, 2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    TLL: Lusky you never went! I hope you went to KFC instead, haha....

    LemonCloud: Being the glutton she was, Sushi Eating Friend dragged me to CA before already. You tried their bean ice cream? Tough as hell :D! But nice place lah, haha....

    Aphrodite: *Reads only the first sentence* Thanks ah :D!

    Grace: On the contrary, there's always a long queue over the weekends. Which was what got me conned, damn.

    Twinkles: More of their suky food?!?!? Thanks but no thanks. It would be nice if they give me Billy Bombers vounchers though. Muahauha :D!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home