The Misadventures of Sibeh Sian

You can call me Sian. Sibeh Sian.

Friday, June 09, 2006

The long and short about The D&D



Despite the hoo-ha over my new hairstyle on Wednesday, I have officially been reinstated as Sushi Eating Friend’s Temporary Fake Boyfriend. Although the official reason for my reinstatement is that she couldn’t find anybody else who is free, I suspect the real reason is because maybe I do resemble Michael Owen with my new hairstyle.

Now I’m not too sure whether if my reinstatement is a good or a bad thing because I am prone to making a complete fool out of myself in social events. If you must know, I coughed out my mushroom soup during prom night because the comedian emcee was really good. My neighbors at the table were not as amused though. Come to think of it, Sushi Eating Friend was one of them. Now I am worried because she will probably make sushi put of me if I goof it up tomorrow.

On the bright side, I am paying a subsidized rate of only $20 for a full 9-course dinner. And if I am really lucky, I might even get to hold a girl’s hand for the very first time in my life. I’ll just have to close my eyes and pretend it’s someone else other than Sushi Eating Friend.

I hope they don’t serve mushroom soup tomorrow.

With Love,
Sibeh Sian

9 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    Actually hor...it is best you don't eat while the Emcee talks...
    or when you eat, try to concentrate on the food rather what is happening!

    Wear your best clothing to impress ok.... good luck

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Winter_Cherrie said…

    hoho...yeah!! you can get ur carls jr treat back.

    Anyway goodluck ye??

    Btw if you dun mind get some aunty from downstairs hairsalon to gel ur hair for a very cheap fee, who knows that will do the trick.

    Anyway nothing to lose right??
    hee... ^^

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Adrenaline said…

    My advise is you dont turn up at all. Cos i think u'll end up losing the only female friend that you have when you humuliate her by choking on the shark's fin soup.

    And frankly, if im sushi eating friend, i'd rather be seen alone than to be seen with you leh. I mean, no impression is better than bad impression. Sushi-eating friend is not very clever eh?

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Zhe Bin said…

    Don't listen to Adrienne. Turn up and eat. $20 for a 9 course is good deal. There are many sushi-eating-friends to go around one. Moreover, she needs you more than you need her, at least on this occassion. But of cos, she could have chosen to go alone lah. I don't know what's up with your friend. Heh.

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said…

    a lot of things can make u choke, so why not just go there, act handsome and don't eat? heheheh.

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 5:54:00 PM, Blogger Sunflower said…

    I support you! MUST GO!

    GO GO GOOOOOOOOOO

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 2:17:00 AM, Blogger potpourri said…

    Holding a girl's hand is just overrated, SS. ;p

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:17:00 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said…

    Sunflower: It must be a coincidence, but I chose a shirt with sunflower prints. Heh. Thanks for the good luck!

    LMG: A tuxedo and tie?!?!? That's it man, I'm seriously under-dressed. Where can I rent one?

    WinterC: The evil Sushi Eating Friend will decide whether if I deserve the CJ treat pending my 'performance' at the D&D.

    Adrenaline: She wants to let her married and pot-bellied superior knows she is attached leh.

    Zhe Bin: $20 for a 9-course dinner is very, very worth it indeed!

    AKK: Eh! What 'act' hamsen?!?!? My mum say I very hamsen already leh!

    Lakeside Girl: On the contrary, I feel holding hands is under-rated, and too often taken for granted ;)

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Green Ogre said…

    Go there, eat and see if you can convince Sushi Eating Friend to go under the table and really convince everyone else. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home